Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

New Xp D2.... A Real Eye Opener For Me, After I Got It Set Up

Congrats on the new detector! I agree, the audio on the Deus 2 is excellent. I had a similar experience when I started re-hunting my old spots with the D2, and I attribute a lot of the success to the very alertive audio. I think using pitch especially tends to make those otherwise faint or iffy signals jump out at you more.

Good luck with it!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rattlehead said:

Congrats on the new detector! I agree, the audio on the Deus 2 is excellent. I had a similar experience when I started re-hunting my old spots with the D2, and I attribute a lot of the success to the very alertive audio. I think using pitch especially tends to make those otherwise faint or iffy signals jump out at you more.

Good luck with it!

Agree with you COMPLETELY DeWayne.-----On some other detectors pitch sounds like a squealing pig (at least to me).----Not so on the D2----that "feature" really works--use it all the time.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Dark Side Redneck, 

It'll take a while but I suspect you will love the D2. I'm so used to it now it's like hammering nails with a trusty hammer, I use Tekkna, Relic and Beach Sensitive. That's all I need.

• Like 1

Yes I would recommend Tekkna too for trashy areas ...

• Like 1

You will learn to love the Deus 2 so well that you will truly end up with a red neck from hours of hunting with an excellent machine... 

• Like 1

I took the D2 into my fav 120 yr old park, yesterday.  Alot of shade, not a huge sink rate on targets, so there is alot of trash build up .

One 30' x 30" area near the band stand, is wall to wall targets, resulting in machine gun audio. I went thru it with the 5 x 8 coil on a different machine, speed cranked up, I think I pulled 8 coins out of the mess.  

I put the 9 coil on the D2, SS program, reactivity to 4, in 2 hrs I pulled out 11 coins. 3 nickels, 8 copper cents. No silver  yet. 

But man this machine/ program is crazy good! It has become my fav machine for hi trash areas in short order, (.20 hrs ) I really need to try the other programs , to get to know the machine better. But this bad boy is fun. 

Fortunately, detecting in this shady park has kept my neck from getting redder! But I carry sunscreen just in case!

• Like 5

• The title was changed to New Xp D2.... A Real Eye Opener For Me, After I Got It Set Up