Tekkna For The Deus 2, First Impression (updated 3)

I think Tekkna is useless in iron infested sites. This program is based on prog. 3, which uses more agressive silencer settings, even at 0.  Why not use prog. 4 Fast? Fast is based on silencer filters from 0.71 version and is great for unmasking and separation.

The disc is set to 42 and now everything below that value is controlled by Iron Volume setting which is 10. That's major problem, because everything: ground, iron, ceramics and low nonferrous conductors -all sound at the same high level of volume 10.

That's overkill for human ear, same problem was with fulltones in D1 when hunting in heavy iron.

The reason why Tekkna was created is simple: minimal iron falsing.

People love minimal iron falsing, but nothing comes for free.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zord said:

... The disc is set to 42 and now everything below that value is controlled by Iron Volume setting which is 10. That's major problem, because everything: ground, iron, ceramics and low nonferrous conductors -all sound at the same high level of volume 10.

That's overkill for human ear

Personally I use the SENSI FT iron volume default setting at in my Tekkna version. I havent changed to 10 as suggested in the vid.  I havent tried 10 yet but yes it could be a little too noisy for me 

At 7 I hear the ferrous but just as a background noise , and I found the audio to be cumfortable even on our local nails beds ...

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Personally I use the SENSI FT iron volume default setting at

I keep it at 7 or even 6. Remember that Gary Blackwell likes to hear something in the headphones.

I also use Relic a lot, and sometimes get tired of the loud noise on a good target. It also falses much more on iron than Tekkna does.

• Like 1

I can't let myself using a 42 tonebreak and Iron Volume below 10, because there is a big chance to miss all this subgram ancient, early medieval, medieval and so on,  micro tiny silver and gold coins and relics.

I'm audio guy, never looked ar target id, but FYI this stuff is hidding in 30-42 id range. Just right above coke. In Tekkna using Iron Volume below 10 is no go for me.

Unless:

-lower the disc to 28

-using another program as base

-using on clean, iron-free site

13 minutes ago, Zord said:

I can't let myself using a 42 tonebreak and Iron Volume below 10, because there is a big chance to miss all this subgram ancient, early medieval, medieval and so on,  micro tiny silver and gold coins and relics.

I'm audio guy, never looked ar target id, but FYI this stuff is hidding in 30-42 id range. Just right above coke. In Tekkna using Iron Volume below 10 is no go for me.

Unless:

-lower the disc to 28

-using another program as base

-using on clean, iron-free site

Have you actually tried it?
Whilst targets in a normal disc program may get dragged down Into the 30’s or 40’s,  Tekknna is not using disc, this setting in full tones is more of a threshold for the offset. 
I think it actually separates better because the target ID’s are being pushed into their respective tone bins rather than being averaged by disc.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zord said:

micro tiny silver and gold coins and relics.

I'd say this is some pretty tiny silver. 🤔

Found both pieces about a foot apart in an extremely trashy field, not just iron.

20240305_151328.thumb.jpg.97e6a8d87d3c4a579c514bb534dcdc2b.jpg

Here's what the field is loaded with, I didn't dig any iron.

20240304_183004.thumb.jpg.4c479d66c38bd9f37cca66b268c9591d.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broadfield said:

Have you actually tried it?
Whilst targets in a normal disc program may get dragged down Into the 30’s or 40’s,  Tekknna is not using disc, this setting in full tones is more of a threshold for the offset. 
I think it actually separates better because the target ID’s are being pushed into their respective tone bins rather than being averaged by disc.

Yes, Tekkna is not using normal disc. Disc in fulltones is more like "volume-point-break" and it is becomes tonebreak when you start implementing offsetFT. All targets above 42 are affected by offseFT.

OffsetFT doesn't work for targets below 42 in Tekkna. That is why Iron Volume is max. at 10.

So, for example:

Micro gold target at 35 stays unchanged, it is not shifted by OffsetFT. Then you have iron at the same volume as this gold.

I have just tested 2 very small targets ( see pic below  ) with Tekkna iron volume 7 disc 42 ,  :

1)  a small bronze coin , weight 0.5g . Test OK -Tekkna signal loud and clear , ID 53 , no pb

2) a small piece of lead , weight 1g .   Test KO  - Tekkna signal broken . ID 41 .
   I wouldnt have dug this target.

Conclusion :

Yes disc 42 is a little too high when looking for 1g or less targets made of a low conductivity metal ( lead or gold ).

However both targets sound loud and clear if the disc is lowered below 40 , 35 for example.

I will try 35 in the field next time, it should be ok as we dont have coins below cond 35 over here and I dont want to dig micro targets like shotgun pellets etc ..  

lead 1g, ID 41 Tekkna disc42 KO                  bronze coin 0.5g , ID 53 Tekkna disc42 OK

DSC03211.JPG

• Like 1

I was just out in my yard testing Tekkna with my new WS-6 rig:

20240305_142545.thumb.jpg.66c05b28c82d378ee803f43f1a3c9af8.jpg

Golden Mask shaft with the WS-6. Arm cuff is an aluminum Minelab FBS detector cuff using only one screw. Because there is so much Carbon Fiber, it's still 2 pounds, but it's a lot longer than the standard D2 shaft and is a little shorter when compressed.

You tall folks would love this:20240305_155711.thumb.jpg.aa5808ee0b9574a8a15aca5d44a5b067.jpg

And this is shortened:

20240305_151002.thumb.jpg.00dcd4625396233553f744161f3ab409.jpg

I walked around my yard and was reminded that low tones do not just go to iron, they are just "low", but not the same.

Honestly I can't see missing anything with it. 🤔

If you like quiet all the time with only a tone when you find something good, them Tekkna is not for you.

Instead of just bashing it, use something else.

• Like 3