I've always been a dance with who brung ya kind of guy with coils and pretty much the largest coil on the 75 i've used has been the stock dd. Been looking around at the aftermarket coils and am intrigued by some of the larger ones. I don't think i'd want to go with a huge one but maybe just a little bit bigger than the stock because i don't want it to weigh a ton. 

Just wondering some opinions on what success (or disapointments) you've had with aftermarkets.

• Like 1

While I haven't actually used it, I've seen a ton of good feedback re: the 13" Detech Ultimate for the F75.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, glacialgold said:

While I haven't actually used it, I've seen a ton of good feedback re: the 13" Detech Ultimate for the F75.

That 13" Ultimate is highly regarded by F75 users (myself included )as well as many others.  It only weighs 64 grams -- about 2.4 ounces -- more than the 7"x11" stock coil.  A great addition, IMO.

• Like 4

In my opinion, the Nel hunter is closer to the 11" DD Fisher, and if you want a more significant change, I would go for the 13" DD Ultimate... because of that, I have a good ratio between the size and weight of the coil for its size..

Nel Super Fly 11x 12" can also be a good coil because it is light for its size..but I have no experience with it...

13" ultimate has been on the market for years, and it's a really proven coil, I have it on several of my detectors...

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, JohnnyRox said:

Why go aftermarket when there's this...?

Good question.  The 12" (heel to toe) version is $199 on the web from various vendors.  I don't see the smaller 8" version.  Is it available yet?  Both videos were shot with the detector in JE ('Jewelry') process.  I wish they had reported on the Fe3O4 ground mineralization readings.  It's so easy to do that -- one of the nice features of the F75.

On a related subject, Serious Detecting has in stock the CORS (same company as NEL) 8.5"x12.5" DD for sale at $115.  I don't know how good that coil is on the F75, but NEL/CORS has a good reputation.  Unfortunately (in more ways than one) they are located in Ukraine and from what I've read here their factory has not been producing since the war started....

Nel are still producing coils, in fact they've just released a bunch of coils for new detectors.

• Like 2