Differences Between The T2 Se And T2+?

I just bought a T2 SE with the black stem. After reading the manual and scrolling through the settings, I've confirmed that it has: 

• Boost process
  • DST
  • The four iron volume options (based on 2+ tones)

My question is: How is this machine different from the T2+? I've read that the + is a newer version, but it's not clear to me whether it actually has any features that the SE doesn't.

(I guess I should've asked this before I bought my new machine, but I got a good deal and knew for sure that it would have Boost process, which is what mattered the most to me.)

The advertising really leads one to think there is something improved on these models. No, the only plus is they got a new decal and came with a pinpointer. The ethics are pretty borderline.

"This classic high-performance multi-purpose professional grade metal detector from Teknetics just got better. The T2+ includes all the legendary features plus an added Boost Mode for even more depth."

Only problem as you note is the T2SE already had the added Boost Mode. You could argue that technically the T2+ has added the Boost Mode lacking in the standard T2 but you also have to ignore the T2SE had already done this. It boils down to this being a relabeled T2SE with a pinpointer included. There is not even a separate user manual for the T2+.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/files/file/175-teknetics-t2-special-edition-dst-t2-user-guide/

https://www.detectorprospector.com/metal-detector-database/teknetics-t2-r94/

teknetics-t2-plus-color-flyer-2018.jpg

Thanks, Steve. That's the clearest explanation I've read anywhere of the difference (or lack thereof). 

If anything, it validates my purchase!