Any Peeps On Here Who Regret Purchasing The Mighty Manticore?

No regrets.  It has upped my gold recovery rate over the Nox 600. Can't wait for the thaw!

• Like 1

The jury is still out for this trashy park hunter, with my nox 800 I could average 60% good targets and 40% bad, on my worst days, Mcore I can only hit 40% good to 60% bad on my best day. That is a frustrating difference. 🙁

My last 3 hour trip I dug 80 targets 20 were good, some were intentional test digs to confirm junk, but most gave enough good signal that I felt I had to check them.  Trust in the Mcore is not coming easy. 

• Like 1

I have had the Manticore for 15 months now - comparing it to the Equinox 800 it is a far better beach machine finding targets much deeper and less prone to EMI interference. In benign soil where you can crank up the sensitivity again you can find more with the Manticore if the targets are deep.  Its more than paid for itself in finds so I am very happy with it.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2024 at 7:42 AM, Guinea1 said:

I don’t think I’d find much use for the fancy 2D screen, much preferring to rely on the audio tones instead.

Deus II WS6 Master and save yourself a grand.

Performance of these two machines is pretty much equal.

• Like 3

On 06.03.2024 at 21:07, Guinea1 said:

Я хотел бы выразить большую благодарность всем людям, которые нашли время и усилия, чтобы опубликовать ответ на мой запрос относительно Manticore – очень признателен!

У меня был D2 с момента его первого выпуска. Итак, я полагаю, вполне естественно предположить, что трава всегда зеленее или по ту сторону забора, даже если это вспаханное поле!  

Спасибо за ссылку, король Кнут – потрясающие находки! Эти фотографии говорят о многом, на самом деле гораздо громче, чем просмотр любого видео на YouTube!

Рикук – Мне всегда нравилась машина Nexus, поскольку раньше у меня был большой опыт использования ручных датчиков баланса грунта. Я помню, как читал сообщение на веб-сайте Гэри Блэквелла – знаменитого гуру XP. О том, как он впервые столкнулся с владельцем Nexus detectors на групповых раскопках, где тот использовал прототип детектора с фанерными катушками. Очевидно, он получил сигнал, который никто другой не мог обнаружить своими детекторами. Все они думали, что это должно быть действительно глубокое железо, но Джорджи продолжал настаивать на своей машине, что это определенно цель из цветного металла. Затем он вырыл действительно глубокую яму и обнаружил цель из цветного металла, оставив всех наблюдавших буквально безмолвными!

Этот форум - настоящая золотая жила для подробных сообщений, которые содержат настоящие крупицы информации по теме обнаружения металлов!

I’ve had a D2 since it was first released.  So, I suppose it’s only natural to assume the grass is always greener or the other side of the fence, even if it’s a ploughed field!

• Like 2

Beach hunting for past 15 yrs.  Have had Manticore and 15" coil in service for about a month of 12-16hrs/wk for beach dry and wet sand and surf hunting.  Have mixed reviews; like extreme sensitivity but musical sounds I can't really hear well given my Rock-and-Roll past.  Found 4 small gold (<1.0g-1.5g; 3 shown) with the Manticore in past month along with the light weight junk, mostly foil.  But can only use Manticore in Underwater Boost mode (under General Settings); otherwise, target sounds blend in with noise.

Guess I'm a Minelab guy.  Have used Excal II (one of the best beach machines), CTX 3030 (drowned x2) and Equinox 800, although another (x3) control pod drowned recently but still under 3 yr warranty.  800 is now my back-up machine.

Warming up to Manticore, but sure wish they would do something about the poor sounds/musical notes - give me something more complex, in terms of audio output.

20240313_164158.jpg

20240313_164210.jpg

20240311_153041.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/15/2024 at 1:01 PM, LawrencetheMDer said:

Warming up to Manticore, but sure wish they would do something about the poor sounds/musical notes - give me something more complex, in terms of audio output.

Give Prospecting Audio a good try for a couple hours. I tried it 15 months ago when I bought the machine and just left it there ever since. Learn how foil sounds vs. a good hit sound. Not much you can do about round shaped foil, round can slaw, or pull tabs...they sound like good targets.

On 3/11/2024 at 2:26 PM, broadfield said:

Deus II WS6 Master and save yourself a grand.

Performance of these two machines is pretty much equal.

I really like my Deus 2 whether it's with the full remote or the WS6 Master. I really like my Manticore too.

No, these detectors do not have equal performance and unless you are hunting only by ear with both detectors, the WS6 as Master even with the big ID numbers just can't come remotely close to giving a similar amount of onscreen information as the Manticore. If a person has poor eyesight.....forget about using the WS6 as Master if you want to use its display for more information than just big target ID numbers.

Manticore with the M8 coil vs Deus 2 with 9" coil for small gold nugget prospecting or micro jewerly on land is not equal. Otherwise Manticore with 11" coil and Deus 2 with 13X11" coil is very close for most other detecting.

I was not an early adopter of the Manticore. In fact, I really didn't think I remotely needed one especially after buying a Nox 900 and really disliking it. 

I got the Manticore itch when I started to see some good reports after the first Manticore software update and M8 coil release. 

Now after owning one for six months, I am really hooked and I have only been using All Terrain General and the Prospecting modes. Multi IQ+ is much better than Multi IQ on the jacked up 900. Depth is fantastic, EMI resistance is really good, I really like the many audio themes and advanced features and the 2D screen is not a gimmick. I'm glad I got mine before the price increase happened.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I really appreciate the feedback regarding whether any peeps regret purchasing the Manticore, as reading all the posts has certainly given me plenty of food for thought – much appreciated!     

• Like 3

My 800 was well past it's warranty expiration. I needed to upgrade. I had a D2 on pre-order, but I decided to wait for Minelab and cancelled it. Two buddies did get the D2. I think from what I've seen it's a great detector worthy of all the praise it gets. I got the manticore Jan. 10th 2023. My second hunt with it in a very trashy yard from a recent tear down I got 3 silvers. I took it back to several places my buddies and I had worn out with various detectors including the 800 and I found more silver. I was finding multiple silvers in several of the places we had given up on finding any more. I think the Manticore is kinda tricky to learn. It did take many hunts to feel confident with it. I still don't think I completely know the detector yet.    

• Like 1