I’m Loving The 13x11 Coil!

Glad to hear you like the coil.  In fact, there isn’t much at all to dislike about XP products is there?  😊

• Like 4

Very nice. I really like the larger coils I have too.

• Like 2

Nice rifle badge NC!

You don't always find them in silver, it's older if it says Sterling. 🏆 Shame the rings are junk, is the shiny one Tungsten Carbide? 

Double silver and a V nickel in great shape. That's a really good day. 👍

I really like the 13" coil too, it doesn't miss much. 😎 Congrats!

5 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice rifle badge NC!

You don't always find them in silver, it's older if it says Sterling. 🏆 Shame the rings are junk, is the shiny one Tungsten Carbide? 

Double silver and a V nickel in great shape. That's a really good day. 👍

I really like the 13" coil too, it doesn't miss much. 😎 Congrats!

Thanks Bob!   Those finds are frim four different hunts.  I got the medal this evening.  At the top on the back it’s marked:  AULD-COL,O.

I looked that up and it looks like WWII era  made by a company called Auld in Columbus, OH.  Can’t find much more about it, but it’s in extremely nice condition.  The clasp for the pin still rotates and captures the pin.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCtoad said:

f you’re at all on the fence about getting this coil just do it!

Pretty sure I am out on the beach tomorrow with the 13".   The coverage is awesome and the ability to punch Black Sand is good. 😎

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NCtoad said:

I looked that up and it looks like WWII era  made by a company called Auld in Columbus, OH.  Can’t find much more about it, but it’s in extremely nice condition.  The clasp for the pin still rotates and captures the pin.  

That’s an Army weapon qualification badge.  There are 3 levels of badges for those who qualify with their weapon…Marksman, Sharpshooter and Expert.  This one is the Marksman level.  The bar at the bottom indicates which weapon.  It can be rifle, pistol or even grenade.  Finding one in Sterling is a very nice find and one that is about WW II era as you say.  🫡

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Always great to find some keepers at a hunted-out site!  I didn’t have to use mine very long to figure the 11 x 13 was going to be my standard coil.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...