New Algoforce Video

Probably the best video I've watched so far on the E1500, pretty much mirrors my results. I think he would have got slightly better depth with a round spiral coil like a 9" elite ,11" elite or the 12" evo.

Just a shame he never tested the pinpoint ID numbers on all the different nuggets whilst they were buried. From my experience the nuggets can ID anywhere from 00 to 30. The smallest ID at 00 and I think that's because they are too small to get an accurate ID, just like tiny bits of rust, wire, lead shot ect. Slightly bigger and they ID in the 1,2,3 's and the ID numbers increase as the nugget size increases. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I really like that guy, wow, he makes good honest videos and puts a lot of effort into doing it. I've never seen one of his videos before.

@Tyler should consider watching this video even though it's not to do with his detector as what it demonstrates is how much better spiral coils are over bundle coils, a larger spiral coil really shows a smaller bundle coil who's boss, the smaller coil should be the most sensitive to small gold based upon size, but the larger spiral virtually keeps up on the smallest gold while providing much better depth as the gold gets bigger.  

For me, if I were in Australia in those soil conditions, I'd not touch the Sadie and stick with a larger spiral coil of either 10" to 12" round or a 14x9" Spiral.    The Sadie would only go on if I needed the smaller size due to rocks and bushes or the like.  There is very good reason most coil manufacturers have ditched making bundle coils.

At the 33-minute mark he gives a great demonstration of why difficult on the 6000 is risky business, the Algo did as well as the 6000 on that nugget when the GPX was in difficult I thought, I've seen this myself multiple times even in my mild soil where a target is hard work for difficult but screams in normal with the 6000, and the GPZ is an even better example, much of the gold I've found with the GPZ I'd not even find if I wasn't in normal.  Yes, you have to have soil suitable, which is why I suppose the final frontier for the GPZ and future PI's is handling soil better to give normal like mild ground performance in difficult ground conditions.

My Algo experience isn't quite as defined as his in this video being in milder soil the gap isn't so far apart between the two which I guess shows the GPX 6000 loses less depth in bad soils than the Algo does.

The only reason I'd use the Target ID on the Algo gold prospecting is to check for surface pellets, they always come up 00, gold on the other hand will almost always come up with a number.  The harder to hit spherical shape of pellets drags it's numbers down to 00 when for gold, even bits weighing the same as a pellet will generally have slightly higher number with that number increasing as the gold gets bigger.

This video also shows why I keep saying GPX 6000 owners don't need one, unless they want to use it for something other than gold prospecting.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

This video in a way mirrors my experience with hearing aids.  The $5000+ hearing aids sound better than the $1700 ones!  Are they worth it?  In the right circumstances you would say yes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

For me, if I were in Australia in those soil conditions, I'd not touch the Sadie and stick with a larger spiral coil of either 10" to 12" round or a 14x9" Spiral.    The Sadie would only go on if I needed the smaller size due to rocks and bushes or the like. 

I agree, I think the 12" round evo is the ideal compromise between sensitivity to small pieces and depth on the bigger pieces. Anything bigger than about a 14"x9" coil isn't really much benefit to the E1500. 

I also think the 4 gold modes are more like the ground type modes on the 6K and the 7k, but instead of normal and difficult you have 4 ground types. I've been running the E1500 in fine or normal. Ultra fine is a bit too sensitive for my ground and runs better in either fine or normal. Almost no hot rocks and smooths the ground mineralization right out. The target signal is sharper and brighter with a stable quiet threshold. 

I wouldn't write the small bundle coils off just yet as I'm sure they will come into play if the ground gets saturated again. I remember when I got the 6K the ground was just too wet in places to be able to use it even in difficult and minimum sensitivity. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Prickly Prospector said:

And I've got a $30Au set of Bauhn noise cancelling headphones from Aldi that I prefer to brands that cost $200+ (SP etc)

I should have added that the expensive hearing aids didn't really fit.  They kept falling out of my ears so while they sound better they function poorly.

I'm expecting the Algo to 'function' as Norvic has said.  The video shows that its form factor can find small gold and has coil options.   Those things exceed choices available to higher priced detectors and they can make up for differences in amplified sound.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, phrunt said:

I really like that guy, wow, he makes good honest videos and puts a lot of effort into doing it. I've never seen one of his videos before.

@Tyler should consider watching this video even though it's not to do with his detector as what it demonstrates is how much better spiral coils are over bundle coils, a larger spiral coil really shows a smaller bundle coil who's boss, the smaller coil should be the most sensitive to small gold based upon size, but the larger spiral virtually keeps up on the smallest gold while providing much better depth as the gold gets bigger.  

For me, if I were in Australia in those soil conditions, I'd not touch the Sadie and stick with a larger spiral coil of either 10" to 12" round or a 14x9" Spiral.    The Sadie would only go on if I needed the smaller size due to rocks and bushes or the like.  There is very good reason most coil manufacturers have ditched making bundle coils.

At the 33-minute mark he gives a great demonstration of why difficult on the 6000 is risky business, the Algo did as well as the 6000 on that nugget when the GPX was in difficult I thought, I've seen this myself multiple times even in my mild soil where a target is hard work for difficult but screams in normal with the 6000, and the GPZ is an even better example, much of the gold I've found with the GPZ I'd not even find if I wasn't in normal.  Yes, you have to have soil suitable, which is why I suppose the final frontier for the GPZ and future PI's is handling soil better to give normal like mild ground performance in difficult ground conditions.

My Algo experience isn't quite as defined as his in this video being in milder soil the gap isn't so far apart between the two which I guess shows the GPX 6000 loses less depth in bad soils than the Algo does.

The only reason I'd use the Target ID on the Algo gold prospecting is to check for surface pellets, they always come up 00, gold on the other hand will almost always come up with a number.  The harder to hit spherical shape of pellets drags it's numbers down to 00 when for gold, even bits weighing the same as a pellet will generally have slightly higher number with that number increasing as the gold gets bigger.

This video also shows why I keep saying GPX 6000 owners don't need one, unless they want to use it for something other than gold prospecting.

Thanks for the info man. I settled on a detech 11 round ultra sensing. Hopefully it will do the trick. I was reading that it weighs 2 kgs on one site. Is that correct? I can’t find it anywhere else

The E1500 shoots way above its price of around 1 ounce, just hope Algoforce can maintain that price into your US hands and into the future E2500. Our market is but a small niche amongst todays mass economy of scale markets. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Thanks for the info man. I settled on a detech 11 round ultra sensing. Hopefully it will do the trick. I was reading that it weighs 2 kgs on one site. Is that correct? I can’t find it anywhere else

I think whoever built that Detech site has no understanding at all of English and does a lot of copy and paste stuff, with incorrect facts and figures, the actual weight is 780 grams, see Detech Australia which is a much more accurate website about the gear.

I think that Detech 11" would be the sweet spot of a coil on the Algoforce too, and Detech are very good pricing for quality coils.

• Like 3