Website Rollback - Latest Info

• The title was changed to Website Goes Back In Time - New Update

The forum was going perfectly, everything better than ever - then crashed Thursday night/Friday morning. I have loaded up the Wednesday evening backup, losing everything posted on Thursday. Invision will be looking today to see if we can figure out why it crashed. This sucks, everything was fixed - I thought.

LATEST UPDATE 6/8/2024 - Well, double-checked database and made backup at 10pm, with plan to install first thing this morning if it crashed overnight. I was relieved to find everything still running very well this morning. The last crash may have been just very bad luck. Even so, Pair has a person assigned to this now so I am hoping they do find an answer. What I do not want to hear is "can't find anything." Then it's just hope and pray day by day. But if they find something and fix it, then we will soon forget all this as an event in the rear view mirror.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts. It does seem this forum is last man standing in some ways. And it certainly does matter to me that it matters to you all. In fact that matters to me more than anything. If people did not care so much I'd be less likely to forge on, no doubt about that. You have all been loyal to the forum and I won't let that go unreturned. Thank you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 3

• The title was changed to Website Goes Back In Time - New Update - Another Crash

I could not access temporarily to the posts this morning and now it is very long to access to the forum posts .

Looks like Invision has not fixed the issue . Perhaps the DPs datas are too big for Invision , I hope it is not the case and just a bug that Invision can fix .

I have had a similar situation in my previous job , a non reliable DB with hundreds of users blocked on a strategical application. We finally migrated to an other DB system ( Oracle ) but it took several months because we had to almost totally rewrite the application . This was done at the beginning of the 2000s. And it is still running in 2024 which shows the Oracle reliabiilty ..

• The title was changed to Website Rollback - Update - Another Crash
11 minutes ago, palzynski said:

I could not access temporarily to the posts this morning and sometimes it is very long to access to the forum .

Looks like Invision has not fixed the issue . Perhaps the DPs datas are too big for Invision , I hope it is not the case and just a bug that Invision can fix .

I have had this kind of situation in my previous job , a non reliable DB with hundreds of users blocked on a strategical application. We finally migrated to an other DB system ( Oracle ) but it took several months because we had to almost totally rewrite the application . This was done at the beginning of the 2000s. And it is still running in 2024 which shows the Oracle reliabiilty ..

You've commented on this before but this forum is not moving to Oracle or anything like that. Yeah, it's great, I get it. But I am not rewriting any applications, not doing anything but getting the people who supply me with the application to figure this out or not. No, the forum is not too big for Invision, it's small compared to many. There is a problem, we are working on it, hopefully it gets figured out and fixed eventually. These things sometimes take time. But I really don't need to hear anything more about how great Oracle is. If this is an Invision issue it has nothing to do with Oracle vs mySQL. But thanks anyway.

• Like 2

Thanks Steve,for trying so so hard to rectify this temporary glitch,you truly are the Oracle of this Invision forum.

Have a fabulous weekend and dont get stressed out about it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Actually working pretty quick for me currently Steve.  Probably even better than it was 48 hrs ago  👍

Thanks Steve.  I look forward to the posts here and I admit to having notes to find posts from years back - Great Info. Thanks for the hard work keeping this going...you are appreciated.

Take care

FWIW, the site doesn't 'recognize' me when I first log in (no ability to comment or register 'likes').

After going to my profile and simply returning to the home page, everything is back to normal.

This was after unsuccessfully trying to log in with my Google-prompted/saved email address and password.

Same thing happened yesterday.

Like others said, Steve, please don't let this vexatious situation upset you as it will certainly be resolved.

We all greatly appreciate your efforts in maintaining this fine site.

Hi Steve, I got on instantly (Friday 7:50am) and had no trouble loading anything.