Nokta Accupoint Garrett Carrot Ftp F-Pulse Air Test

I did a quick air test with the Nokta Accupoint, Garrett Carrot and FTP F-Pulse using a 0.15 gram flat gold nugget, US clad dime, US clad quarter and US nickel.

Results:

Nokta Accupoint max sensitivity

0.15 gram flat gold nugget---3/16th inches

US dime---1 3/4 inches

US quarter---2 inches

US nickel---2 3/8 inches

Garrett Carrot max sensitivity

0.15 gram flat gold nugget---1/32nd inches

US dime---2 1/8 inches

US quarter---2 3/8 inches

US nickel---2 5/8 inches

Fisher First Texas Products F-Pulse max sensitivity

0.15 gram flat gold nugget---no response

US dime---3 3/4 inches

US quarter---3 7/8 inches

US nickel---4 1/8 inches

That's interesting that the F-pulse is well over an inch more sensitive on the coins but wouldn't recognize the gold nugget?  Which one is your fav Jeff?

That depends on what I'm hunting.

When I need to hit deeper coin sized targets I use the F-Pulse.

When I'm gold prospecting I usually have the Garrett Carrot with me. 

Now after seeing what the Accupoint can do on smaller gold, I may keep it instead and sell my Carrot.

Thank you for posting your test results Jeff.  

Today was off to a frustrating start with both the Acupoint and the F-Pulse. I had thought to run the Legend at 20kHz with the F-Pulse to get around interference with Acupoint. That was a failure as well, so went back to multi and toughed it out with the Acupoint which has the annoying habit of wanting to scream bloody murder for no reason at all. 

Only sometimes of course, and shutting it off and restarting sometimes makes it stop. Some sites seem worse for this. It seems to stop when put into the hole and start again when it comes up into the air sometimes too. If I had any hair left I would pull it.

Going to try the Garrett’s next even though they are less sensitive to small. Is there another pinpointer out there that is that sensitive to small. So far I have not seen any running that high a frequency, and would wish for something easier and less complicated to use.

Sorry to hijack your thread. The F-Pulse does not hit small enough to pair with a legend when seriously hunting jewelry, and the Acupoint, even though it works is frustrating to use. I know the Garrett’s do not have the sensitivity to hang with the Acupoint, but am going to try them and see if they are good enough to get by till I find something better.

You didn’t hijack anything. I just posted the air test results of those three pinpointers like a public service. Do whatever you want with it.

Since the F-Pulse and Tek Point are both pulse induction pinpointers, they get really unstable around large iron/steel things like refrigerators, EMI sources like power lines and cell phones and they sound off on highly mineralized dirt too. They drive me nuts sometimes but nothing I’ve used comes close to those two when I need the ultimate depth.

I haven’t owned the Accupoint enough to experience it going nuts but I also wouldn’t try to run a detector at 20 kHz while trying to use the 20 kHz Accupoint and expect it to behave.

It is not just the 20 kHz doing it. I like 20 kHz though, it runs very smooth, so I was trying the pulse to get around the issue. For most of what I do, I choose multi, but will use 40 kHz without much trouble with the Acupoint if the EMI is too bad for multi. I am using the multi in the goldfield program, that may be why the Acupoint is less stable but I will give up the pinpointer before the goldfield.

Could be my cell phone was being the problem with the f-pulse now that you mention it. That will not make it any more sensitive to small but may be the instability problem. 

Thank you for the tips. They are most helpful.