A Warning Not To Paint Buttons On Nokta Detectors Like The Legend

It appears Nokta can void warranty to those who paint their buttons white to see them easier.

dontpaintbuttonsnokta.thumb.jpg.3e62edd8b4e8d3a7ac1ceb168c97c610.jpg

Oh..my aching a--! The only thing more ridiculous than that is that they designed  the keypad so poorly that it needs to be painted!  Thanks for the info phrunt. I guess if you need to send a Legend in for warranty work you need to remove the paint with acetone first🤥

Well if that don't suck!!!-----Why doesn't the Nokta Co. paint those black as midnight buttons on the Legend themselves then (production models)----so you can actually see the things (like other companies do)!-----That's (one thing) I like about the Score models---painted graphics on the button---and---lit up buttons to boot.-----Guess Nokta learned something from that.

I guess  the next thing will be any modifications to fix the wobbly shaft will also void the warranty!

• The title was changed to A Warning Not To Paint Buttons On Nokta Detectors Like The Legend

That’s just a standard response.  They left the door open to take care of customers who haven’t done something to obviously void the warranty.

• Like 1

Somebody call a WAAAMBULANCE! C'mon people! Painting those buttons is like painting flames on a Ferrari. AND if you trashed up your Minelab, Garrett, or Fisher machine with paint or crap on your coil instead of a scuff cover, your warranty would also be void. Seriously.

2 hours ago, JCR said:

That’s just a standard response.  They left the door open to take care of customers who haven’t done something to obviously void the warranty.

Yes, warranty departments are not that stupid. Notice the part about not victimizing people. If the failure is related to painting the buttons, it will not be warranty. Something totally unrelated to that action being taken, they will warranty it.

joke-chill-pills.jpg

• Like 3

Steve's right, and Steve's explanation there is exactly how service agents work in my experience, if the problem is not caused by the customers actions, then it is still something they will do a warranty repair on.

The Nokta representative clearly said that in their reply.

If your buttons fall apart as some solvent in the paint used damages them, then they will not cover your warranty.  If your speaker dies on your detector and you send it in with painted buttons, they will warranty your detector.

In saying that they're recommending people don't paint their buttons, so perhaps they've had issues already with some paints causing damage.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MD4V.org said:

Somebody call a WAAAMBULANCE! C'mon people! Painting those buttons is like painting flames on a Ferrari. AND if you trashed up your Minelab, Garrett, or Fisher machine with paint or crap on your coil instead of a scuff cover, your warranty would also be void. Seriously.

I had some stripped out pod bolts on my Equinox 600 that the Minelab tech said was caused by me using an aftermarket shaft and Minelab didn't hesitate to replace the whole pod under warranty.

• Like 1