Should I Go Or Should I Stay? (i Went)

What a day, what a day, what a day. It was a gamble. Very strong winds forecast, the river at a iffy depth with the potential of it rising even more. 30% showers. Assessed 3 different locations. I chose one, the gravel to dig was about the same square footage as my bathroom. Heck......if you don't take risks, you can't win. Well, the river dropped about 5 inches for the first 3 hours, then started rising again. The ice was breaking upstream, so I had to monitor a possible ice-flow attack on shore. I even had all my supplies stored on high ground, with a trail to quickly evacuate the area, just in case. Well, nothing happened, and it turned out to be an uneventful day. Except, getting some nice shiny.

april9d.JPG.b141cdacac853b45060ee6bce3a9afdd.JPG

april9b.JPG.65fef86a816ee281cd9cf701e10cb702.JPG

april9a.JPG.53ba1fecda5f8633153278200d51dfb2.JPG

april9e.JPG.b107b274af550a43c47e7b8095d42eb7.JPG

Great work and nice looking gold for your troubles.

Hope that the ice leaves your area soon and you start to get some good weather to sluice in.

Never take chances with a river as they are to UN-predictable and can get you hurt and we all don't want that.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe out there.

If you have a bunch of feeders coming into that river you can be knee deep in water before you can get your equipment out. It will always come up faster than it will go down.

I had a friend that lost his wife and two grandkids because of a river coming up on them before they could get out. They were sleeping in a cabin and it rained hard above them.

Chuck