New Style Remote Charging Plug

I'm sure most of you have seen this by now, but thought I'd bring it to the attention of those who haven't. There's a new cable available with a simple push-on plug for the remote. It works well.

Capture.JPG.9fa2199600cf56f5bbb65c82bc23d929.JPG

It may not seem like a big improvement at first since you can just push the original plug on without screwing down the nut, but this one actually goes on a lot easier. When you pop it on, the cord will always be facing downward, which eliminates the issue of having to rotate the plug until it finds it's seat. Got mine from Serious Detecting for about 15 bucks. Money well spent IMHO. Sometimes its the little things that make life easier.

54 minutes ago, Rattlehead said:

I'm sure most of you have seen this by now, but thought I'd bring it to the attention of those who haven't. There's a new cable available with a simple push-on plug for the remote. It works well.

It may not seem like a big improvement at first since you can just push the original plug on without screwing down the nut, but this one actually goes on a lot easier. When you pop it on, the cord will always be facing downward, which eliminates the issue of having to rotate the plug until it finds it's seat. Got mine from Serious Detecting for about 15 bucks. Money well spent IMHO. Sometimes its the little things that make life easier.

Agree with you 100% De Wayne.----I got two of them from Richard (Backwoods Detectors)---$14 each.-----They are worth every penny (IMO).-------Del

3 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

Thanks DeWayne! 2 on the way, hope they get here before Myrtle Beach next week. Thanks man! 👍🥳

It's about time... 🤔

Where do you get them?

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks DeWayne! 2 on the way, hope they get here before Myrtle Beach next week. Thanks man! 👍🥳

It's about time... 🤔

Good luck on your beach trip! I'll probably be heading back to Myrtle again sometime in the next couple of months. 

15 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

I got mine from Serious Detecting.

Oh, OK... so they are made by XP. I wasn't sure they weren't 3rd party.  Thanks.

21 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

Thanks

Looks like an improvement

It will be if the pins are strong enough, I snapped the center pin off just plugging it in and not turning the nut. 🤞 XP service in the US is fast, but I have 2 of everything just in case 😁

My detector came with that cable stock .. very flimsy imho - always in fear to break something 😀. I don't like the XP charging system on the D2 anyway.. and I often forget to screw the cap back on after charging, if I'm in a hurry.