How Did I Miss These Over The Years?

My quest for securing coil cables is over.....I have tried;

1. Electrical tape.....sand sticks and it leaves a gummy residue behind. I am always applying it and taking it off

2. Cable ties......can bite into the cable if too tight and cause damage. Cutting them off is a pain and expense.

3. Cable clips.......can also bite into the cable and sand grinds where it contacts.

4. Velcro.......seriously....too loose and sand plugs the hook and loop constantly. We all pretend the love velcro but we are liars !

Found these at the hardware store the other day by accident........have I been living under a rock all these years. Have my fellow DP members not shared this with me before?

Adjustable / easily removable / reusable silicon rubber ties !!

Tough and very gentle on the cable.....secure perfectly and tightly. I snipped off a few inches after cinching them down on the cable and shaft. Cheap to buy and if pink is your color then my friend you are covered !

I am in coil cable management utopia........if my wife hadn't asked for kitty litter (for the cat and not her) then this might never have happened.

Vegan friendly and NON-CONDUCTIVE !!!!

Behold......😍

73FAA704-3302-46CA-898F-1D40B0BD3AFD.jpg

• Like 6

I hope they work out for you, I bought a bunch of silicone straps like that a couple of years ago, they didn't take long and they snapped and I was left with my GM1000 trying to look for gold with a flapping in the wind coil cable. 

Can you stretch those ones right out without them snapping? That might indicate how tough they are.

Hopefully yours are better quality.  Mine only came in black, and looked slightly different, so hopefully a different manufacturer made yours in a way they last a while.

I like yours are vegan friendly and non-conductive, the latter is important to me, just thinking about not eating meat makes me want to go eat a bucket of chicken and grind up a steak in a blender so I can have meat juice to wash it down.

• Haha 4

I tried to break one of them by hand......they do snap at the notch points with medium pressure. We'll see how they go.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I tried to break one of them by hand......full strength with both hands and it would not snap and returned perfectly to the original size.

Where did you get them? Bunnings? What brand are they, I should get some.

6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Where did you get them? Bunnings? What brand are they, I should get some.

Sorry.....updated. They do snap with quite a bit of effort. Did yours break from mechanical failure or environmental factors. They don't need much tightening as they grip well.

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Sorry.....updated. They do snap with a bit of effort. Did yours break from mechanical failure or environmental factors.

I just had them done up tight on the shaft, half way through the day it just exploded, happened again the next time I tried one so I gave up, I found just stretching them out by hand they would snap too.

A firm stretch seems okay but a quick jolt seems more of a problem. Anyhow, I'll update as time goes by. Mine aren't under too much pressure as it doesn't need it to grip nicely.

• Like 1

Wow, some people here complain about Vortex Blue and Vanquish Red.  I can't imagine what they going to say about your recently discovered aide.  😁

Hopefully they are UV resistant.  You're going to find out soon enough!

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to How Did I Miss These Over The Years?