Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

I Guess I‘m In.. Kind Of Logbook

6 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Are you able to cash in or convert those obsolete coins to modern Euros?

Afaik it is still possible, not sure which condition they must be in - never tried it though.

6 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

The Eqx does seem to pack a lot of targets into the 12-13 region

Foil seems to have a pretty wide range. 1-11 most of the time, but I had some ring at 21. Old german coins range from 11-17, so does Gold, pulltabs, Euro coins, bottletops and so on..  19-22 are Euro coins most of the time, but I've also dug small small aluminium lids, silver, lead and copper in that range. The bigger aluminium lids are in the 24-25 range, but so are brass nuts and peaces of copper for example. Yesterday I had a smashing 33-35 signal and instantly thought: Silver - but it was i big chunk of molten aluminium. To me it looks like the size of the target also changes the ID by a good amount and I am not used to that.

Imho the ID system is not very usefull - at least for beach-hunting over here. You can't really predict targets or even the type of metal. On the beach digging many targets may not be an issue - but if I would have to dig every nice signal in a park .. holy cow

Sometimes the numbers are not as stable as advertised, but are accurate on very deep targets - I'll give it that - and the nox is a very deep machine. 90% of my finds seemed to be things, others have missed.

10 hours ago, bado1 said:

Sell the Nox while the demand is high. Get a CTX or perhaps the Kruzer.

The CTX is way too heavy for me. If they'd come out with a CTX with the speed and weight of the nox, that would probably be my machine!

At the moment I only have the permission to detect on beaches. Everything is pretty restricted over here, still waiting for my course to detect fields (been waiting nearly 3 years now!) - woods are absolut taboo in northern germany.

Second problem:

There's no shop nearby where I can get my hands on some detectors to try out and I don't have the money to buy and sell detectors untill I got the right one. I will probably keep the nox, because it has many features I do like a lot. But the lesson I've learned is, that I'll not pre-order an unseen/tested machine again anytime soon..

Today I've installed some Wilson Pro Sensation overgrip tape on my nox. It's super thin and feels super comfy. I think it'll probably won't hold up very long, time will tell. I'll try to wear no gloves on the swinging hand (finally warm enough :happy: )

B7FC4144-AFFC-4938-8097-F36F919F3821_zps

Some trash analysis... and the winner is...

4160637A-02DF-4CE2-9E0B-7E0A5C28D56F_zps

... bottletops! OMFG :wacko:

Afterthoughts:

25°C tomorrow - hopefully some people get themselves  on the beach :biggrin: .. Watertemperature 10°C :blink: .. waiting for the season to come..

• Like 1

Believe me you are not alone..The Nox has plus and minuses like any other detector. Bottle caps have been discussed in detail. They can be avoided for the most part with a little detective work but you will still dig some here and there and that cant be avoided. Do a search on this site for more info on bottle caps and the Nox

strick 

8 hours ago, strick said:

They can be avoided for the most part with a little detective work

I think I've read a lot of threads and seen many videos :happy:

Some of the bottletops have super solid IDs 360°, tip of the coil, pulling, frequency.. no matter. There were a hand full of situations with two targets in the hole - the nox is good in highlighting the better signal.

I have 3 small beaches I hunt regularly, so before playing detective on the same bottletops over and over again, I figured I'll better dig them.

Hunting the dry sand over here is probably a whole different story than on some hunting videos I saw complaining about bottletops... just saying:blink::biggrin:

• Like 1

C86FC6C0-F8CF-48DB-B5D3-370C155DCCE4_zps

Been out only twice the last week including yesterday and made ~ 12€

Some fresh coins, but I'm still digging plenty of old coins on the same beaches again and again.. crazy!

4E4F7680-7FC9-496D-A182-E47E61930060_zps

Also found another cartridge - I think it's the third within 5 weeks on VERY well hammered small beaches.

There were 2 other detectorists yesterday and that beach is only approx. 250mx30m. No wonder why I don't find heaps of money ?

• Like 4

Dude, what a sick hunt today!

Visited the construction site on the beach again and found some old stuff:

E2F54A50-DAE0-4126-A458-A439212B9CD9_zps

I "think" the earring and that superchunky bracelett are silver. I'll check that.

Found my first silver coin, which is pretty rare here in germany, especially on the beach:

A9848CE7-61AE-416A-B74F-F8C41DDAA4B3_zps

And old coin from belgium:

BD49FD71-085D-4831-9FB8-38AE1C70203A_zps

A gold-plated german WW2 navi button:

C3650341-B0E5-463E-8A8E-0BC30D053888_zps

And the oldest coin I've found so far from 1886! :

9A5F50F6-88D4-4AF4-9613-AE5B1E678C8E_zps

It's just crazy what those construction sites bring up! Gotta love 'em ?

• Like 6

On 5/19/2018 at 3:02 AM, bado1 said:

Nice! Seems like you and the Nox are really gelling well now.

Thank you!

I think I've never done terribly bad, but after 100+ hours I don't consider me noob on this machine anymore :happy:

For me it shines on old stuff, iron infested sites and silent beaches. It isn't very usable on modern-trash infested beaches imho.

Been on one of my other beaches yesterday:

61D3F795-4861-4ED1-B59D-3C1DABDC4A65_zps

20701687-8C6D-419D-A229-D8993DECCFD1_zps

Fresh modern coins only - it really depends on your sites.. I think the old stuff is out now.. that construction site has been an great alternation for me.

• Like 2