Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Minelab GPX And White's TDI Tones Compared

Being a hard wired coil, I wonder if all the TDI coils would work, but would require internal work, which might void warranty if the end user changed.  Can't imagine the internal workings are different, jut water proof.  Now at the beach I always have my switch to all or the ground balance off:  This is a wonderful machine at the beach and since I don't venture into the water it's more than sufficient for me.

From page 11 of the manual:

"Target Conductivity Target Conductivity refers to the reactance of the target either above or below the ground balance point of the TDI. Generally-speaking, gold is considered to be a low conductor (high tone) and silver a high conductor (low tone). Iron often produces a confused, warbly pitch that jumps back and forth between high and low tones. The two-tone response is disabled when ground balance knob is turned to the OFF position.  Be aware that target conductivities can vary considerably, even targets of the same metal. Small gold nuggets are usually low and large gold nuggets are usually high, but where the transition occurs depends on the composition of the gold alloy. Be mindful that searching in low-conductivity mode could eliminate very large nuggets, if any happen to be in the area1. The same is true for relics and jewelry. Many bullets, buttons, and most buckles register as high conductors, but cuff buttons often respond as low conductors. Most small jewelry responds as low conductors, but larger men’s rings can easily fall in the high-conductive range. Most coins fall in the high range, except for e.g. US nickels and small or thin coins like hammered silvers or very small bronze coins."

• Like 1