Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Equinox Complete Carbon-fiber Shaft Prototype Is Complete (more Pics Added -- Prototype #2)!

steveg

Pax,

Thanks for your interest!  I appreciate it!

Lower rods can be ordered now; I have some in stock and ready.  I can get you my PayPal address if you would like to order.

The complete shafts are not quite available yet.  I will be placing the order for the first batch of parts/supplies in 1-2 days; I expect 3-4 weeks for delivery of those parts, and then I should have the first of the shafts assembled and ready to start shipping with a week or so after that.  So figure 4-5 weeks from now; i.e. roughly mid January.  

I will put up “for sale” ads on the forums, and announce the complete shafts on my website and Facebook page, when they are ready.  So, you can either wait until then to order the lower rods you need, OR you can order lower rods now, and the upper shaft later — whatever works best for you!

Thanks again for your interest!!

Steve

www.stevesdetectorrods.com

www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods

pax --

Sounds good!  Thank you very much for your interest, and the kind words!

I'll mark your name down on my "wait list," as well.

Thank you!

Steve

Terry,

Sure!  

The Minelab middle and upper rod only (no lower rod, no arm cuff, no control box, no coil) -- 189g.

My upper shaft only (no lower rod, no arm cuff, no control box, no coil) -- 129g.

THANKS!

Steve

Ha --

Good catch, dew.  That WAS confusing, LOL!  Confusing due to some poor wording, AND also a "typo" on my part.  I had typed "the Minelab middle and LOWER rod," when I meant to type "the Minelab middle and UPPER rod."  I was TRYING to compare "apples to apples," but with my typo, that made it entirely confusing!  Further confusion was me saying "my complete shaft, without lower rod."  Yes, a complete shaft by definition INCLUDES a lower rod!

Sorry all, and sorry Terry!  I wasn't meaning to confuse!  I went back and edited my post, to make it more clear.

YES -- my complete shaft will include both a one-piece upper shaft, AND a lower rod.  My "upper" shaft will replace the "upper two sections" of Minelab's stock shaft -- i.e. Minelab's middle and upper rod sections.  Again, what I was trying to do in my post above, was to compare "apples to apples," by comparing Minelab's middle and upper rod weight, to the weight of my upper shaft section.  

So, to re-state, for clarity's sake -- 

Minelab's upper two shaft sections weighed 189g on my scale.

My upper shaft (which replaces Minelab's two upper shaft sections) weighed 129g on my scale.

For some additional detail, I weighed the Equinox, fully assembled, along with 11" coil attached, using my prototype COMPLETE shaft (upper shaft, PLUS 26" lower rod) -- and weight was approximately 2.75 pounds.  The same setup, but with the Minelab three-piece shaft -- i.e. the "out-of-the-box" configuration -- roughly 3 pounds.

Thanks, Dew!  Sorry everyone, for the confusion!

Steve