Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Something New Coming? Minelab Vanquish

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

My NZ dealer has been offloading his X-terra's over the past few months at discounted prices and not stocking them anymore.  On our local auction sites people have been selling theirs off since the Nox came out  A couple of months ago I could of had a X-Terra 705 dual coil package with a Nel Tornado duel frequency coil for $196 USD.  That's almost the price of the Nel coil alone for me here, I'm kinda kicking myself I didn't buy it. 

I put it down to the Equinox effect as CTX's and E-Tracs have all been for sale on discounts too.

If Minelab was to dump a detector from their line-up I would think it should be the X-terra, and the main reasons are it's long in the tooth and there are many Chinese clones floating around that look EXACTLY the same. 

Minelab have to watch out for Nokta more than any other detector company, the Simplex will without a doubt do damage if they don't combat it as the Go-Finds can't complete with it, Vanquish is likely their answer to Simplex.  The Simplex is waterproof, straight away it's better than a Go-Find, although my daughter dropped my Go-Find in the lake and it stayed working fine so I guess it's waterproof, in a way :laugh:

The better their entry level detectors are the better their sales will be in the higher end machines, they start people in the hobby. Those people eventually upgrade and if they love their entry level machine they'll stick to the same brand. 

I am also betting they sell a lot more entry level machines than high end machines.

Its definitely a Terra replacement , its the same here . Dealers are selling Terra's here at low prices . My local dealer has lots of Go Finds . I think it will look the same as the Nox but with different functions and colour maybe and coil ? 

Its just 3 lower end Nox's i think. But if the 540 works on the salt with 2 or more freqs i will have 1 .

I agree that a replacement line up for the Xterras sounds about right. So having  a selection of three entry level machines between the Go Finds and the Equinox 600 would be perfect. You would hope for multi IQ and waterproof.

The Nox 800 has five frequencies and eight search modes (park 1&2, field 1&2,  beach 1&2 and prospecting 1&2). The Nox 600  has three frequencies and six modes, so you could have easily have machines with just one park, field and beach mode and then another with just park and beach etc.

9 hours ago, Nuke em said:

The problem with that Steve is that here in the UK a Nox 600 is around £650 and the Nox 800 is £850 or so. The Terra 305 is around £280 Terra 505 around £100 more and the 705 is around £450 . The prices you quote are Terra prices if sold here .

I was quoting U.S. prices so simply adjust for other locations/currencies. As far as the rest goes I was just passing on to you what Jin posted. If you think otherwise it's all fine by me! :smile:

16 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I was quoting U.S. prices so simply adjust for other locations/currencies. As far as the rest goes I was just passing on to you what Jin posted. If you think otherwise it's all fine by me! :smile:

I was giving rough prices that we pay too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LowTide said:

Perhaps this is the fabled "Mosca"?  Alas the "Minelab Mosca" with dual simultaneous frequencies, lightweight, and waterproof.?

If it works on the salt wet properly that could kill sales of many makes . Might even take sales off the Nox too.

Minelab Vanquish added to the Detector Database. I am fudging model numbers because except for the untrustworthy Russian site there has only been mention of one actual detector - the Vanquish. I'll update as new information appears. A new vanquish tag now allows all vanquish threads on all forums to be traced in one go - just click the tag.

• Like 1

It reminds of one of the cordless stick vacuums I’ve been looking at. Hope it sucks up gold like a vacuum.

DAAF879E-0A30-4D85-831F-C55BB121C59F.jpeg

• Haha 1

New Information.....: Vanquish will be a multifrequency detector.....

• Like 2