Power Pack Question

MFF18B

Quick question……does anyone carry a power pack for quick charging if needed?  If so, which one do you use and how do you like it.  Appreciate it, thanks.  

While it may not be needed, depending on how long you detect in a day and which programs and frequencies you use.

According to the manual, the remote battery will last 30 hours (15 hrs with speaker or bonephones) and headphones battery lasts 14 hours. The coil battery will run for 12 hours in most of the programs, 8 hours in DeepHC and Diving programs, ans 10-20 hours in Mono Frequencies.

F30Platinum showed that you can use any 5 Volt USB Power Bank with the coil while detecting. The only problem might be swinging the coil with the XP charge clip attached, I don't know. Here's the link to that thread:

Charging the Coil While Detecting

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

While it may not be needed, depending on how long you detect in a day and which programs and frequencies you use.

According to the manual, the remote battery will last 30 hours (15 hrs with speaker or bonephones) and headphones battery lasts 14 hours. The coil battery will run for 12 hours in most of the programs, 8 hours in DeepHC and Diving programs, ans 10-20 hours in Mono Frequencies.

F30Platinum showed that you can use any 5 Volt USB Power Bank with the coil while detecting. The only problem might be swinging the coil with the XP charge clip attached, I don't know. Here's the link to that thread:

Charging the Coil While Detecting

I'm going to post some "rural engineering" related to this eventually, there are some other options for keeping the coil going on the fly for DeepHC, going to test them when I get back from the beach. 🙂

There is a really good 3d printed one that attaches with 3M tape, sadly it was invented and made in Ukraine so it's unobtainium right now. 🤬 Despite claims of it being totally waterproof I can't imagine it would survive a deeper dive. Nor would any battery backup for that matter. 😀

• Like 2

On 4/16/2022 at 7:04 PM, MFF18B said:

Quick question……does anyone carry a power pack for quick charging if needed?  If so, which one do you use and how do you like it.  Appreciate it, thanks.  

Any entry level powerpack will do the job . It is very useful , last time I discovered that my WS4 battery level was low just before leaving for a detection outing , and I decided to use the power pack to charge the WS4 during the car travel . When I arrived  , the WS5 was charged and ready to use ..

I have a D1 but I guess it will also work for a D2 ..

This powerpack is a 2200mAh :

DSC00086.JPG

• Like 2