Sign in to follow this  
Ridge Runner

MX Sport Comes Now With Waterproof Headphones

I was in a bookstore and pick up a copy of Western & Eastern Treasure mag. I flipped over to the inside of the front page and low & behold was a big blow up of the MX Sport. You may say what the big deal being I have one. What put me in a state of shock Is when I read Waterproof Headphones Included.

The price is the same as it always been. All I can say is people is if you’re looking for a great buy look no further. Look down in the left hand corner of the picture at the number of coils that White’s offer for the Sport.

Chuck

8B72CD1B-A0C9-46C6-922C-476A5D547472.jpeg

• Like 1

I hear you Steve but this is my first time seeing the ad.

What can I say. You’re in the know and I don’t know.

I took a look at what you had posted. That was a year ago today as you said.

Chuck 

I was wondering being White’s include the waterproof headphones if they was including the adapter cable as before. So I trot right over their site and sure enough they do.

Question ; Is this the first time that waterproof headphones came with a waterproof detector ? Maybe not being White’s has one detector that has fixed headphones that I think I had one some time ago . Again I think this is the first you’re able to remove and use others.

Whatever the answer it’s a great buy even if I don’t have them .😢 Poor me!

Chuck

Everyone knows how hard salt water can be on anything. I have four waterproof detectors and three with the cost around 8 hundred or more. Then a hand held under 2 hundred.  I’m like a kid getting into a bathtub not sure if he wants this or not. That’s the same way I am with my high dollar detectors.

I think that dollar two sixty nine detector with scuba gear will go first. Then if this venture pays off and I see it’s truly worth it . I’ll make my pick of the three.

Chuck

3 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Question ; Is this the first time that waterproof headphones came with a waterproof detector ?

Actually all underwater detectors came with waterproof headphones until recently because they were all hardwired to the detector! Like with White's Surf PI. It's only in recent years that waterproof connectors have become commonplace and reliable enough that we now have removable headphone options.

whites-surf-pi-dual-field-rod-mount-metal-detector.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks Steve

I think that’s what I had but over 20 years ago from White’s. Like you said it was hard wired to the detector.

Chuck

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      This specification comparison chart is derived from the White's MX7 Owner's Manual and the White's MX Sport Owner's Manual. Everything is pretty straight forward. The asterisks note that the MX7 weight with batteries is derived from the manual. The MX Sport manual is unclear on whether batteries are included in the weight and my personally weighing the MX Sport with batteries suggests the answer is no. The MX Sport with batteries weighs 4.23 lbs. as weighed on my postal scales. I can't vouch for the MX7 weight as listed in the manual. Current internet price for MX Sport is $749.00 and MX7 $549.00
      I think it is fair to say looking at the specifications that this is a MX Sport in a lighter weight, better balanced and less expensive package. The only real operational difference is the MX Sport comes with a 10" round DD epoxy filled coil and the MX7 a 9.5" round lightweight concentric. This would make the MX Sport out of the box better configured for water hunting and severe mineralization. The MX7 is better configured for park and other dry land detecting in mild to moderate mineralization. Both units can use the same coils.
      More MX7 Details Here

• By Ridge Runner
      I just find it hard to believe I’m the only one on here that has a Sport. If you do I’d like to hear from you. Hey if not it how about the MX 7 .
      The only two in the news at this time is the Goldmaster 24K that will be out the 1st of August. The other just as well be in fantasy  land and that’s the TDI Beach Hunter.
      If you got a White’s that you know Noah had before you, let’s talk.
      Chuck

• By Ridge Runner
      I’ve been trying to find the time to truly give the 6” Six Shooter coil a field test.
      I had the opportunity several times to give it that test but always fall short of what I wanted.
      Today I found myself in a school yard that I never hunted before. On the way in to what I would call a very large play ground area. They had to haul loads of sand in because it so deep I found it hard to walk on.
      I had fired up my Sport as soon as I walk in the play grounds. On the way to that beautiful deep sand that I was thinking it had to be hundreds of coins waiting just for me I past some very small bleachers . I made a swing a two but no luck. That sand around the swings was calling even louder now.
      I started my hunt around the first set of swings but to my disappointment not one coin did I find. This went on from one play area to another. Oh I’d find a penny now and then but not much I’d say to write home about. I’d walked back to the first swings that I had started from.
      Standing there I couldn’t believe I hadn’t no more than I did . My thinking it’s got to be someone hunting this school everyday. I’ve never walked away with something looking this good and so little.
      I was not to be put down so I started detecting again. After a few swings I got a signal within a foot circle all reading a quarter. Sure enough it was a quarter not just one but three. From then on I stayed away from the play ground equipment. I was finding pennies dimes with a quarter here and there.
      Yes I know any coil could have done what I’ve talked about so far.
      I was feeling so good on the coins I found so far I was going to hit those metal bleachers on the way out.
      The Six Shooter coil really was shining bright when I was hunting right under that bottom seat that you can see in the picture.I found more coins next to all that metal than I found in that big play ground.
      I know it’s more coins to be found under that little bleachers. I would have tried to move it but I think it would have made a change on my out look on life.
      I think the people detecting before me didn’t have a small coil like the Six Shooter coil like I did. If they had my finds would been lots less.
      If you don’t have the Six Shooter and you have the MX 7 or the Sport then you don’t know what you’re missing.
      Chuck

• By Steve Herschbach
      The furor over the White's MX Sport seems to be gathering force on other forums but has long since been old news on this forum. As such it has run out of steam and I prefer no more threads be started over the problems with the MX Sport. For those who wish to keep going round and round about the issues with the MX Sport there are two threads currently running at http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/white-s/509514-mx-sport-trouble.html and http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,109780
      My advice is simple. If you do not have an MX Sport there is no rush to get one until there is some way to clearly tell what it is exactly that you are buying. There are various versions of the machine in the distributor and dealer pipeline, and apparently nobody can tell if a machine in a box has the latest version of the firmware AND that it has a face plate that is not going to crack in the first year or two. And frankly, in my opinion the latest version of the firmware is not likely to be the last.
      OFFICIAL WHITE'S RESPONSE TO ISSUES 7/20/16 - http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/showthread.php?76138-MX-Sport-Screen-inspection
      "If your SAT goes to "EIGHT" and you "DO NOT" have any cracks in the clear part of the display, DO NOT send it in for updating.

If your SAT only goes to (6), and/or... you "do have" cracks in your display, DO send it in for updating.

As mentioned prior, the serial number sequence will not tell a person if it needs to be updated, nor if display cracks are possible.

We are sorry for all this and are working hard to resolve any and all issues as quickly as possible.

Again, 

"EIGHT" SAT, no cracks, NO need for updating.

(6) SAT, and/or cracks, DO send it in for updating."
      ACCORDING TO INFORMATION ON THE THREAD THERE IS NO WAY TO DETERMINE VISUALLY OR VIA SERIAL NUMBER WHETHER THE SCREEN WILL CRACK BEFORE HAND.

If for any reason anyone believes they have ANY issue with an MX Sport that they think should be taken care of under warranty, then contact White's directly and get it resolved to your satisfaction. Or get a refund for the unit if you can. Or sell it and move on. I have.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      An error in VDI number and quarter/dime reporting has been noted in the early version of the new 6” concentric coil for the White’s MX series. I can’t imagine not digging anything reading in this range anyway, but it is something to be aware of. If nothing else it could affect resale value on the coils so if you have one and this is a problem it can be addressed under warranty once a fix is applied. Stay tuned.

• By Ridge Runner
      Like said when I turn on my Sport I get this frying sound for about 1 1/2 seconds..When I turn off the volume all the way I still get the frying sound coming through. I have other coils but this my first time of hearing this.
      If anyone else has this new concentric 6” please let me know if you too having the same trouble.
      I’m really not sure if it is trouble being the coil is working great.
      Chuck