Forum Friend To All Has Passed

Thank you Fred!

For all the wit and wisdom you so freely shared! You will never truly leave us!

And to his family, i pray his passing was as painless and peaceful as possible!

God Bless you all!??

• Like 1

Thank you Norm.  I was at the outing and Fred drove way up the hill (about 5 miles) to find Chet and me up there detecting.  Later he was stopped for lunch and we had a chat and showed him some gold for a change.  It was after that hunt when people were asking him if he would go to Bill's outing he wrote the Chile Verde recipe for all to enjoy.  He just wasn't going to make that one after Rye Patch.

His words won't be forgotten.

• Like 3

Thank you so much Norm for starting this post to let everyone know the sad news about Fred. I know Norm and Freddy were dear friends so it was fitting that it was Norm that posted the news. I loved reading all of the wonderful heartfelt comments and the great photos - it really is a celebration of his life !!!

If anyone has more photos I think it would be wonderful to see them. I know it will bring a lot of comfort to Jonni and Fred's family to hear all the stories and know how much he was loved and respected by so many. Jonni - you and Fred were so kind to me when we camped at the Lucky Fox with Norm, Heather, Mike and Michelle. I am so thankful and feel honored that I had the opportunity to get to know you both a little better and enjoy that special time with everyone. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Very sad news, my condolences to Fred's friends and family.

I wish that I had been blessed with the opportunity to meet him, I will do as suggested and have a shot of tequila tonight in his memory.

RIP Fred.

• Like 3

To Fred’s family and friends, I’m sorry for your loss.

I never met Fred but always enjoyed his humour when he commented on peoples posts. When i saw a comment from the man in the pink/red shirt i knew it would either be witty, funny or kind.

May you find some comfort in knowing that many others thought highly of him, including myself

• Like 7