Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

My Equinox 800 Is Back After It Leaked

23 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Minelab emailed me a shipping label.

I'm wondering, just how did you talk them into that? Every time I've had to send something back due to being defective the bastiges make me pay. Not just concerning metal detectors, but all things.

So what's the trick? Do you complain a lot and say it is a disgrace? Let us know!

I contacted the dealer about the leak and he contact Minelab. Then Minelab contacted me. Does anybody else get a mailing label?

I thought that's the way it works. That Minelab sends a mailing label.

When I had an MX Sport and had to send into to White's they sent me a mailing label too.

Same here on a coil replacement! (Broken tab)! No problem's with their service end! That seems to be very good; so far!! ??

On 6/27/2020 at 1:20 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

My Tesoro Stingray II leaked on the very first use. Has a White’s Surf PI leak on very first use. My second Garrett ATX leaked... at least not on the first use. :laugh: A lot of full time surf hunters will tell you it’s not a matter of if, but when, a waterproof detector will leak.

Just have a backup plan, go detecting, have fun. :smile:

Steve is right.  Beach and surf hunting is my life and I don’t care how convincing the advertisements are, you’ll experience a leak at some point during the life of that detector.

• Like 1

Well, i sent my 800 off to ML this morning! No prepaid label! About $13.00, no biggie! I have about half my warranty left, so i will give the new one a pool test, as soon as i get it!??

Good to hear. Your replacement will most likely not leak. Mine is doing good in the water.

• Like 1

I hope it won't leak! But either did the last one, as far as i could tell!! The pod was never underwater! But that is getting ready to change, due to beach conditions being what they are! It will be interesting to see if the coil is the issue, and not the pod! I don't know if they will even tell me what part went bad! I will be able to tell what was replaced by the serial numbers! ??