Some Like It Hot ( Hopefully...)

Las Vegas could see temperatures of 113F by Sunday.

Phoenix has already had a record summer, setting a new mark for most days 110F degrees or higher in a single year with 36, a number that's expected to climb over the next week as temperatures rise to 115F degrees.

10 minutes ago, phrunt said:

...Drop me in Arizona and I'll walk my way back to Alaska bare foot over broken class bottles.

So your route will take you along Mitchel's beach?  Say 'hi' to him for me.

Here's another weather trivia note:  the length of daylight and also angular altitude of the sun today vs. time (assuming you are at the same latitude) is the same as it was at the end of April.  Of course Southern hemisphere daylight is increasing, and northern hemisphere....  🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

You guys can keep the heat, one of my primary reasons for moving to NZ from Australia was to get out of the heat!  I can't stand it, drop me in Alaska and I'd be fine, drop me in Arizona and I'll walk my way back to Alaska bare foot over broken class bottles.

The sun and moon are upside down for you guys in NZ, that’s why you can’t handle the heat!  🙂. I used to live pretty high up in the mountains and had to commute to the desert for work, that made it hard to acclimatize to the heat. Now that I live on the edge of the desert, it is much easier and not as bad as it used to be. I actually like it.