Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

A Tale Of Two Detectors!

Sometimes you just have to follow your heart!!!! Glad you made the deal, I doub't you will be dissapointed. I find detectors like cars, some are fancy and some are plain. But they all get you where you want to go. Can't wait to see what you find with the new detectors. As for Tennessee I would move there in a heartbeat. It is a beautiful State.  

• Thanks 1

Wow Steve,

That a fantastic list of achievements by Dave Johnson! 

It would be great to have a bio of each key developer and engineer, and than; Where Are They Now! Retired, consulting, active, etc...

I'm guessing that there is probably a book or two compiled somewhere, with much of this info! ??

• Like 1

The Detectors have arrived!!??

Thank's Gerry, of Gerry's Detectors, for the Whites MXT All-Pro!!  And Amazon, for the Teknetics G2+ "Pinky" special!     

Just waiting for the coils from MetalDetector.com to arrive!! And some Cooler weather to give me a ? break!! In the meantime, i have to read up on these two! 

Updates to come! Stay tuned!!??

20200910_145015.jpg

20200910_145055.jpg

• Like 6

Pink doesn't look too bad, more like the underside of a diner counter or table ?

I'd test the stock coils first and see what you may need once your used to the machines.

Congrats on the new toys!

• Like 1

Thankfully i got the coils a couple hours later today!? So i went right to work getting them configured the way i initially planned to use them!

The Beach Setup:  The G2+ "Pinky" has changed her colors! Now sporting a Jeff Herke arm cuff, a neoprene pod cover, and a Detech Ultimate 13" coil!  Also has a Nel Snake 3.5x6.5 coil!

The Trashy Parks Setup: The MXT now is sporting the Ultimate 7" coil! Still have to find a box and pod cover! Also has a Detech Ultimate 13" coil!

Plus i still will use their original coils, if needed! So there went my budget for the year!??  Now i need to gather my yearly finds together, and cash them in!? Can't wait for the testing phase to commence!!

More to Come!!??

20200910_222659.jpg

• Like 6

I went the opposite with my mxt. I got the 13" detech ultimate like you did for your T2. 

I am looking forward to it too. I almost got the 7 inch but I figured I have my XP units for contaminated areas. 

I been looking somewhat for a set of covers for my mxt too. Hard to find.

• Like 1

I found a few in the Ukraine; that was it!  That cover didn't have any holes for the knobs and toggles though! What good is that!!

Another was for a different box model, the DFX i think! But had too many hole's! Can't win it seems! I contacted Doc of Doc's covers, but he only does MineLabs! And didn't have any suggestions for the Whites! And i have looked on many sites! I guess the search goes on!??