XP Deus 2 Us Dime Depth Test In Mineralized Arizona Soil

abenson

Here's a quick depth test I did on a US dime while I was in Arizona nugget hunting this weekend. From what I know about the soil in the Western US I'm pretty happy with the results.

Thank you for doing this test. Personally, I will gladly accept 6 to 7” of accurate target ID using Deus ll. Deus l and the ORX no matter what program or frequency usually lose target ID accuracy on coin sized low and mid conductors at 3” or even less where I detect. Most coin sized targets of any conductivity deeper than 7” to 8” here are undetectable with a Deus l or ORX using any sized coil except in Gold Field. Did you happen to check the mineralization meter when ground balancing?  Also, what was your sensitivity?

thanks,

Jeff

Jeff-mineralization bar was about 85% full. So not quite as bad as my ground at home which fills it up when slowly pumping the coil. Sensitivity was at 95. I would assume and I'll confirm when I don't have snow on the ground at home that the Deus 2 will barely get the 6" dime in my coin garden.

Thanks for making the screen as easy as possible to read, it's one of the few videos I've been able to see the screen properly.

I guess the biggest question is you were nugget hunting in Arizona, you were using the Deus 2, did you find anything with it ? 🙂

Obviously I'm hanging out for information on it's usefulness as a nugget machine.

Found lots of junk and so did everyone else I was with. Hunted 3 days with 4 people and none of us found nuggets those days. Some of the guys found them prior to me getting there though but they were both running GPX'S.  We were running GPX 6000, GPX 5000, Gold monster, Equinox 800 and Deus 2. These particular claims have just been pounded in the past. Time to find a new spot.  But im confident if I got over one with the Deus 2 it would find them as I was digging everything from size 8 bird shot to .22 brass.

Yea kind of looks bad when don't find anything good. There are things I don't like about the Deus 2 in regards to nugget hunting I've mentioned in other threads. But it's quite capable as a nugget machine IMO.

If the mineralization bar was almost full, that’s a really good result. 

Thanks for sharing!

10 minutes ago, Ogliuga said:

If the mineralization bar was almost full, that’s a really good result. 

Thanks for sharing!

Comparing Deus 1 to Deus 2, that is a very good result and XP is to be commended.

Comparing the Equinox to Deus 2………not such a good result if that is the best that Deus ll can do with an 11” coil in moderate mineralization. That test was done with a freshly planted target. Targets that are similar in size and conductivity but are wild or well established test bed targets may give different results.

Yes, it’s the truth. Halo effect helps machines catching the signal. Freshly buried targets are different. In the near future I’ll test D2 against the Nox800 of a friend. Both with 11” coils..

6 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Comparing Deus 1 to Deus 2, that is a very good result and XP is to be commended.

Comparing the Equinox to Deus 2………not such a good result if that is the best that Deus ll can do with an 11” coil in moderate mineralization. That test was done with a freshly planted target. Targets that are similar in size and conductivity but are wild or well established test bed targets may give different results.

5 hours ago, Ogliuga said:

Yes, it’s the truth. Halo effect helps machines catching the signal. Freshly buried targets are different. In the near future I’ll test D2 against the Nox800 of a friend. Both with 11” coils..

I'll have a video up later today with the Equinox and Deus2 being compared on the same dime. they are actually pretty close in performance in that area.

I've got a test bed at home which might have the snow off it a few days with the temps being in the 40'S this week. At home the mineral bar on the Deus 1 fills completely up, I would assume it will fill it on the Deus 2 as well. I know how the Equinox does on that test bed, I'm thinking it might just beat the Deus 2 in that soil.