Deus II 11” Coil

Gregobx

Hello everyone.  I am new to this forum and especially new to my Deus II which I rec’ed three days ago.  Might anyone have any insight please with the 11” coil as to when it is centered directly over the target?  I swing get a good tone then turn 90 degrees and swing until I once again get a good tone.  This gives me a pretty good approximate position.  In the past with a rather old Minelab the target was centered about a third of the way back from the front of the coil.  Anything comparable with the Deus?  Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.  My regards, Greg

25 minutes ago, Gregobx said:

Hello everyone.  I am new to this forum and especially new to my Deus II which I rec’ed three days ago.  Might anyone have any insight please with the 11” coil as to when it is centered directly over the target?  I swing get a good tone then turn 90 degrees and swing until I once again get a good tone.  This gives me a pretty good approximate position.  In the past with a rather old Minelab the target was centered about a third of the way back from the front of the coil.  Anything comparable with the Deus?  Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.  My regards, Greg

27 minutes ago, Gregobx said:

The target should be right under the center of the coil.  I don’t use the pinpoint mode as much as I use the method your using of swinging in one direction and then swinging at 90 degrees to that.  I mostly use the pinpoint function to size the target.  

50 minutes ago, Gregobx said:

Hi , I am currently testing the Deus2 11" . The turn 90 degrees is a good method . It helps to locate the target , which is usually under the coil center , but sometimes it can be on the front or on the back. I always recommend to use a pinpointer with such big coils to save time and energy , this whatever the brand ...

I've been backing off the target until the tone disappears and doing the same at 90 degrees. Make a mental note both directions and that's the center. Tone is best at about the center of the coil once you pinpoint where the target is. If you use the pinpoint mode the target is usually at the center of the coil.

Not really what you are asking about but when you turn 90 degrees and it turns to an iron tone it could still be a nonferrous target.

All of the 11in coins in my test garden turn to an iron tone at 90 degrees. Not as much in Deep HC program but it's still there unless you swing just right on the dime.

I usually pinpoint swinging and using the back of the coil and then turning 90 degrees. Learned with a Blisstool which doesn’t have a pinpoint mode. 11” coil is quite accurate but a 9” is obviously more precise. Anyway in my opinion 11” is the right size for relic hunting in open field..