Gold On A New High

MSC

19 minutes ago, Geotech said:

Where would someone sell a 10-ounce gold bar? I suspect that the average local venue can't deal with it and I would not want to mail it anywhere.

Understand not wanting to mail your gold.  With that said, all my bullion was sent to me by mail from 2 sources and never any issues.  Provident Metals outta Texas for most my stuff and also a couple ounces directly from Golden State Mint. Provident has a buy-back program that I've never used.  I would call up Provident and inquire? I also sold 2 ozt. along with 100ozt. silver/200 silver dollars and the local outfit (Grizzly Gold & Silver) had no problem scribbling out an 8K+ check....  Once again, maybe check out Provident, they've done me well over the years and usually the lowest prices if buying...... jmo

1 hour ago, oneguy said:

Understand not wanting to mail your gold.  With that said, all my bullion was sent to me by mail from 2 sources and never any issues.  Provident Metals outta Texas for most my stuff and also a couple ounces directly from Golden State Mint. Provident has a buy-back program that I've never used.  I would call up Provident and inquire? I also sold 2 ozt. along with 100ozt. silver/200 silver dollars and the local outfit (Grizzly Gold & Silver) had no problem scribbling out an 8K+ check....  Once again, maybe check out Provident, they've done me well over the years and usually the lowest prices if buying...... jmo

Thanks, I now see that Registered US Mail is commonly used for precious metals and can be insured up to $25000. I'll contact Provident and a few others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Geotech said:

Thanks, I now see that Registered US Mail is commonly used for precious metals and can be insured up to $25000. 

That's nice to know!  Your local guy(s) might be worth a shot also? Keep us posted as to how much "discount" from spot you end up with?  My local dinged me $25/ozt. under on the gold.... can't remember on the silver.

good luck!

$25/ ounce is what I pay (am charged) in Spokane, don't remember what they charge over spot for purchase. I buy silver on a regular basis and it's normally $1.00 over spot purchase and $.35 less on sale. Those numbers are bullion not nuggets because raw gold here is about 82-85% pure so there is also that deduction.

I'm giving some serious thought to keeping the gold I find again now. It's starting to look potentially undervalued in light of inflation and unstable global occurences.

I find it odd that inflation is so high yet gold still hasn't moved much, relatively speaking though. It's like there may be a different economic global order or something. Real estate was and kinda still is the best inflation hedge for the last 10 years. But if that collapses I wonder if it goes back to gold?

• Like 3