Website Back In Time ×

Metal Health Day - Mason Jar Hill

The butter knife is marked "Brazil Silver", which is the same nickel silver as "German Silver". ? 1850-1890. I think it was originally twisted.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gold Seeker said:

What new detector are you getting?

Are you going to use it on the beach at Tybee/Savannah?

Deus 2. My wife and I got an unexpected windfall, so I'm going big. Local dealer has a bunch with the 9" coil, and my name is on one of them.

Yep, going to take it to Tybee along with the 600. Did good there last year.

• Like 5

Some nice and some not so nice F350Platinum. Good luck on your next hunt. Hey, by the way, I could be called F350Lariat were I not msc. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MSC said:

Some nice and some not so nice F350Platinum. Good luck on your next hunt. Hey, by the way, I could be called F350Lariat were I not msc. 

The Platinum was irresistible, and at the time I could afford it. At least I paid it off before retiring, kind of a "bucket list" truck for me. I do pull a 40 foot toy hauler with it to my credit.

A truck is a different animal altogether, isn't it? Saw a Jeep a few days ago with a tire cover that read "Yours may be fast, but mine can go anywhere". I had to laugh imagining the next level. ? You can't pull a toy hauler with a Jeep or a Corvette... ?? Is yours a diesel?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

F350, yes a diesel, my truck is a 16, I pull a 38 ft. toy hauler or can if fuel prices come back down. I paid off my truck as well a year or so ago. I added a 50 gal. fuel tank to my 8 ft. bed that also has a tool box on the top of the fuel tank. I too am retired about 2 years ago. Love that truck. 

• Like 4