Coin Shooting In Deep Hc

Barry Meyers

Took it to a public park/ball field the other day.  Spent about four hours and covered most of the 1st and 3rd baselines.  Picked up 47 quarters, 28 dimes and 27 copper pennies ( 1 Wheat ).  I’m definitely liking this machine, it locks on and gives awesome audio response.  I did get fooled about 7-8 times but I’m just cherry picking signals 89 or higher.  

It’s doing fantastic at coin shooting and I’m going to start taking it to the public swimming areas and boat landings in hopes of finding some rings.  I’ve only found one silver dime so far but I guess that’s better then zero.  

7 minutes ago, Barry Meyers said:

Took it to a public park/ball field the other day.  Spent about four hours and covered most of the 1st and 3rd baselines.  Picked up 47 quarters, 28 dimes and 27 copper pennies ( 1 Wheat ).  I’m definitely liking this machine, it locks on and gives awesome audio response.  I did get fooled about 7-8 times but I’m just cherry picking signals 89 or higher.  

It’s doing fantastic at coin shooting and I’m going to start taking it to the public swimming areas and boat landings in hopes of finding some rings.  I’ve only found one silver dime so far but I guess that’s better then zero.  

What detector did you have before this one? Just curious. 🙂

I had the XP ORX, but only had it for a few months and got to use it about 6 times.  I started with the Omega 8500 a couple of years ago.  Truthfully I like all 3 detectors, but the XP’s have a very unique sound that helps identify good targets.  

I really like all the adjustments you can make to the DEUS 2: the multiple tone options, XY screen and all the other tweaks/filters to help in different environments.  I’m sure all detectors have their strengths but I’m finding this machine is definitely a keeper.

6 hours ago, Barry Meyers said:

I really like all the adjustments you can make to the DEUS 2: the multiple tone options, XY screen and all the other tweaks/filters to help in different environments.  I’m sure all detectors have their strengths but I’m finding this machine is definitely a keeper.

I'm out of likes today but it is a keeper for me too. 🙂 For me it's the weight and how it handles EMI along with what you mentioned. I've not had the pleasure of using a Teknetics machine. 

I lucked out one day with my older detector and got permission to detect an unhunted RV park. In two trips there (about 35 hours) I scored well over 500 coins! It was a lot of digging. 😵 Still have to clean most of them and cash them in.

8 hours ago, Barry Meyers said:

Congrats on your new machine!   If the sites you’re hunting have a lot of targets you may want to give program 2, sensitive or program 3, sensitive ft a try.  The full tones option really makes the higher conductors stand out for me.  Good luck!

Your finds pouch must have been dragging you down! What an awesome teaching/learning day. You will never miss a quarter or dime as those tones will have been written on your brain. Awesome day for you. 

Deep HC on high conductors is really...deep! Even with  discrimination set to 3 is still very deep..

7 minutes ago, Ogliuga said:

Deep HC on high conductors is really...deep! Even with  discrimination set to 3 is still very deep..

Do you mean Reactivity? 

Ops...yes, sorry. Reactivity set to 3..