Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Real World Feedback For XP Deus 2 In Water

On my beaches in Long Island Sound the D2 is definitely deeper than the Nox on wet sand. I've gotten 7 gold rings using the 11" coil and one gold chain. My D2 is now paid for based upon melt value (I did this in less than 2 months). These two months were one of my best months back-to-back I every had AND I did not hunt as often as I use to.  Of those rings, 5 IMO were out of range of the Nox's 11" coil. I did not do side by side comparisons but I have score over 60 gold rings with the Nox so I know where my limits are on the Nox on my beaches.  Also I want to say, I've dug my deepest penny, dime, nickel and quarter, and silver coins in the wet sand compared to the Nox and at times nearly as deep as my AQ.

In the water, I am very skeptical. I don't have enough time to come to a conclusion. Dive mode doesn't seem as deep and Beach mode is chatty. As the water warms this summer I'll have a better feel.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

The boat ride sounds like I wish I was there ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2022 at 11:00 PM, CCadrin said:

Also I want to say, I've dug my deepest penny, dime, nickel and quarter, and silver coins in the wet sand compared to the Nox and at times nearly as deep as my AQ.

In the water, I am very skeptical. I don't have enough time to come to a conclusion. Dive mode doesn't seem as deep and Beach mode is chatty. As the water warms this summer I'll have a better feel.

From air test the AQ is weak on silver coins? Seems gold and nickels are it's stronger point, for me.

20220604_014313.jpg

Would love to see a test that I could believe. So much BS and smoke has been spread and blown that I believe none of it. What I do know is the EMI is horrible in my area. I refuse to subject myself to that sort of punishment until it is remedied.

• Like 1

Can't really comment on the EMI as I was underwater the whole time ?   Wonder if the noise cancel / or freq shift would help out above?

I will give it a decent test today, they (D2) are fairly hard to come by in NZ (No stock at moment) - so if the trial ends badly will move it on to a coin hunter.  

I was only interested in the dive ability really.   The unit does seem pretty waterproof, and the dive headphones are decent.  I like the ability to alter the tones, so they are easily heard over the typical scuba bubbles (will see).

I really hate the YouTube videos that don't give honest info, they seem to pump each machine up, beyond reality.   There should be a 'paid content' disclaimer from some of those guys.

Off for a dive today with the nemo, its a 0.3 tide, but a very pounded (aka, basically empty) beach, hoping for one last target!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

From air test the AQ is weak on silver coins? Seems gold and nickels are it's stronger point, for me.

20220604_014313.jpg

D2 missing the 5gram 14 - or did the D2 not pick it up at depth?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gwcracker said:

Would love to see a test that I could believe. So much BS and smoke has been spread and blown that I believe none of it. What I do know is the EMI is horrible in my area. I refuse to subject myself to that sort of punishment until it is remedied.

did the freq shift work? or the noise cancel / channel search?