How Long Are We Going To Wait?

midalake

I have been patiently waiting for the said fixes, full tones is my preferred setting and cant wait for a fix...bring it on I say. Also hoping they make the square tones a little more pleasant, coming from a Minelab they sound very flat to me.

I agree that Full Tones needs some work specially in Square Audio. I'm sure that's one of the things they are working on, but I can't use Full Tones the way it is now. I haven't used FT in PWM yet, but Pitch Tones in Square Audio is really nice. I'm looking forward to the next version of Full Tones.

23 hours ago, unox said:

I have been patiently waiting for the said fixes, full tones is my preferred setting and cant wait for a fix...bring it on I say. Also hoping they make the square tones a little more pleasant, coming from a Minelab they sound very flat to me.

For me it is exactly the opposite , the Minelabs sounds are too slow and elongated especially in the irons , ...  The D2 square tones are much more accurate and faster on targets . The D2 square audio is exactly what I was expecting from XP and I dont use the PWM audio . 

btw I use SENSITIVE 5 TONES SQUARE.  From my testing I found 5 TONES to be a little deeper than FULL TONES  this is why I prefer to use 5 TONES .. 

1 hour ago, palzynski said:

btw I use SENSITIVE 5 TONES SQUARE.  From my testing I found 5 TONES to be a little deeper than FULL TONES  this is why I prefer to use 5 TONES .. 

I totally agree with you there, full tones is not as deep in my testing either. I have been using a 4 tone PWM setup most of the time, full tones just doesn't sound right to me. I do suffer from hearing loss, so that may be part of the problem. I will give the square tones another go after the next update.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SwiftSword said:

Not having used the original Deus, I'm a bit out of the loop – what's wrong with the DII full tones? 

In my opinion nothing, in fact the the audio language compared to the D1 in full tones is vastly improved and gives a lot more info.

I have been using Full tones in PWM audio lately and it sounds better to me than the Square audio version, but I really like Pitch tones in both Square and PWM audio and I'm starting to understand the extra nuances of PWM a bit better now. Good stuff!

16 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I have been using Full tones in PWM audio lately and it sounds better to me than the Square audio version, but I really like Pitch tones in both Square and PWM audio and I'm starting to understand the extra nuances of PWM a bit better now. Good stuff!

You have to get used to it but full tones in pwm gives you a wealth of info.