Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Nuggetfinder Coils Release Dates For The 6000 & 7000?

4 minutes ago, 10fp said:

me too,,,

just had a noisy 11"coil replaced and a dry solder joint fixed in a 6000  from Minelab Adelaide ,, and its a much quieter more stable beast now ,,,  the New coil looks totally diiferant when you take off the skid plate 

Would you mind putting a photo up of it?

• Like 1

Holy crap! that looks like a total redesign of the 11" coil, now mine needs to die again, I want the new one, you can bet they've fixed all the issues on the new model.

Now this is why people recommend waiting a year or in the GPX 6000's case a couple of years before jumping into a new model, the EMI fix, now a redesign of the coil that was plagued with issues from instability, noisy operation to cracking on the ears and body...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Holy crap! that looks like a total redesign of the 11" coil, now mine needs to die again, I want the new one, you can bet they've fixed all the issues on the new model.

Now this is why people recommend waiting a year or in the GPX 6000's case a couple of years before jumping into a new model, the EMI fix, now a redesign of the coil that was plagued with issues from instability, noisy operation to cracking on the ears and body...

Simon, check yours for cracks. I had the older one and turned it in about six months ago for a replacement because of ear cracks (posted a photo of it on that older thread about the ears).  They replaced it with this same one as well.

i’ll have to admit I forget what the original looked like, can you post a photo of yours?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

Holy crap! that looks like a total redesign of the 11" coil, now mine needs to die again, I want the new one, you can bet they've fixed all the issues on the new model

To me, it just looks like they "poured" a little plastic of some sort in the existing ridges to add some additional strength and more thickness behind the "ears".  

2 hours ago, hawkeye said:

To me, it just looks like they "poured" a little plastic of some sort in the existing ridges to add some additional strength and more thickness behind the "ears".  

yes, but they've also changed plastic formula to stop the cracking too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

yes, but they've also changed plastic formula to stop the cracking too.

What’s different about the bottom of the coil?