Nuggetfinder Coils Release Dates For The 6000 & 7000?

The 12x7 Xceed is a phenomenal coil. More stable than the stock 11 but equally sensitive, at least as judged from my first test runs. Air tests should generally be interpreted with caution. The ground processing algorithms will not work well with air tests and can lead to false interpretations when coils are being compared. Btw, kind of odd treshold sound.

GC

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gold Catcher said:

The 12x7 Xceed is a phenomenal coil. More stable than the stock 11 but equally sensitive, at least as judged from my first test runs.

So you agree with the guy in the video? As his thoughts seemed to be similar sensitivity between the bigger 11" coil and the 12x7" except a bit of a louder hit on the 11", and the NF ran quieter.  That's a bit like the 10x5" too, same result.

Hopefully the little Sadie maintains the quieter running when it comes out, it should be great in EMI too being so small.

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

That's assuming it is bundle wound, nobody knows as for some strange reason the advertising of coils for the 6000 no longer includes winding types.  We know Coiltek as Trevor said but NF has not said, and Minelab kept it quiet too with only strick and his X-rays showing it up, so maybe if strick buys one at some point we'll find out, performance characteristics is indicating bundle wound with similar traits to the Coilteks.

Simon I have this coil sitting in my shop in plastic bag for a couple weeks now and I promise I will get some x rays of it and the little Coiltek this week...

strick 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, strick said:

Simon I have this coil sitting in my shop in plastic bag for a couple weeks now and I promise I will get some x rays of it and the little Coiltek this week...

strick 

Great news, it settles a lot of debates 🙂  Thanks.

15 hours ago, phrunt said:

So you agree with the guy in the video? As his thoughts seemed to be similar sensitivity between the bigger 11" coil and the 12x7" except a bit of a louder hit on the 11", and the NF ran quieter.  

Simon from both of that fella's in-ground and air test videos while comparing the 11 and 12x7 coils then both coils had similar stability with the 11 having the edge for outright depth in both videos. 

I hope to have an opportunity to compare both coils for myself in the near future.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 2:00 PM, phrunt said:

That's assuming it is bundle wound, nobody knows as for some strange reason the advertising of coils for the 6000 no longer includes winding types.  We know Coiltek as Trevor said but NF has not said, and Minelab kept it quiet too with only strick and his X-rays showing it up, so maybe if strick buys one at some point we'll find out, performance characteristics is indicating bundle wound with similar traits to the Coilteks.

You must have forgotten what I told you about the NF. That was straight from Rohan. 

11 minutes ago, PhaseTech said:

You must have forgotten what I told you about the NF. That was straight from Rohan. 

All good, we have the X-rays now from Strick and his mighty X-ray machine, turns out NF, Coiltek and Minelab have done all the same windings, this is the 12x7" NF 🙂

StricklandChuck.NuggetFinder12x7GPX6000.2-24-Apr-2023.jpg.9ba00ec43391c6b4253c45f3c04c8f6e.thumb.jpg.62106d6449ed3cecda5b1341bcf74bd1.jpg

I had forgotten you told me, sorry, I'm getting old.

• Like 3

Put the 11" Minelab back on after running the NF 12x7" for the last couple of months,  to run over some nugget patches I found with the NF.  Right away I wished I had the NF back on.  It is so smooth and stable compared the the stock 11" .   I found nothing else in the patches.  And hunted around the rest of the day with it.  No gold.  A few pieces of small iron trash and a couple birdshot is all.  One thing I noticed on the stock coil is the lead shot is definitely louder on the 12x7 and the little wire and iron is ALOT louder on the stock coil 11".   I moved settings on the stock coil all day trying to get it tuned in and settle down a little since my ears have gotten so used to the 12x7".  Finally just settled in to the noise all the while wishing I had the NF on.   After today I dont see the stock coil going back on much and am definitely looking forward to NFs release of the bigger version.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes I wonder if some of these reports of the 11" being unstable are due to slightly faulty 11" coils, my first one was like that, I hated it, it put me off using the 6000, then I had it replaced under warranty and it was like I had a new detector.  Yes my old 11" worked, it found gold and did what it was meant to but the detector was much more unstable and noisy than my new 11".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Sometimes I wonder if some of these reports of the 11" being unstable are due to slightly faulty 11" coils

The stock 11" is a junk coil. I've seen 2 cut open now and the shielding is poor (40-65 ohms per inch and an entire width measurement of only 50 ohms on one in particular). The bunch windings had bulges in them both, some almost a cm wide. This explains the noise and the altered sensitivity in sectional areas of the the coil. A chip on one had a re-soldered joint where the pcb etching was destroyed. Amazed it still worked TBH.....

If the first 2 are anything to go by, it seems likely that the stock coils were made by the lowest bidder in Malaysia. Both of these 2 coils would have been rejected by any QC team in Australia, Japan, USA or EU.

Thankfully we have the Coiltek and NF coils now.....I haven't used either of the ML coils since owning a 12x7 and a 10x5. Just need a smaller DD coil and the NF 16x10 to complete the arsenal.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2