Make Your Headphones Work With The Manticore

PSPR

I'll probably use one of these (or a similar) plugin transmitter on my Manticore to be able to use the headphones I prefer.  You just can't wear regular headphones in the Texas summer heat.  Not an affiliate link.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-JOYROOM-Headphones/dp/B0BL98KXXT/ref=sr_1_21?crid=1PSHXABFHOX68&keywords=headphone+bluetooth+transmitter&qid=1670786577&sprefix=headphone+bluetooth+transmitter%2Caps%2C208&sr=8-21

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, PSPR said:

I'll probably use one of these (or a similar) plugin transmitter on my Manticore to be able to use the headphones I prefer.  You just can't wear regular headphones in the Texas summer heat.  Not an affiliate link.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-JOYROOM-Headphones/dp/B0BL98KXXT/ref=sr_1_21?crid=1PSHXABFHOX68&keywords=headphone+bluetooth+transmitter&qid=1670786577&sprefix=headphone+bluetooth+transmitter%2Caps%2C208&sr=8-21

That's not a low latency transmitter.  Are you using low latency headphones?  If you are going to pass on the supplied Manticore phones, highly recommend you use an APTX low latency transmitter and APTX low latency phones, otherwise the lag will make it difficult to line up and pinpoint your targets.

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

That's not a low latency transmitter.  Are you using low latency headphones?  If you are going to pass on the supplied Manticore phones, highly recommend you use an APTX low latency transmitter and APTX low latency phones, otherwise the lag will make it difficult to line up and pinpoint your targets.

No, it isn't.  I don't know if my ears can even tell a low latency set of phones from those that aren't.

11 minutes ago, PSPR said:

No, it isn't.  I don't know if my ears can even tell a low latency set of phones from those that aren't.

There will be no doubt between the two when you hear it and see it lol. I've tried both on the nox and there is a world of diffence. 

34 minutes ago, PSPR said:

Suit yourself.  It's your money.  Standard SBC BT at about 200ms delay with a normal sweep speed your single target will appear as two targets separated by a few inches.  Believe me, any experienced detectorist you will notice that and it would drive them nuts.  Been there, done that.  No thanks.  That's why all purpose built detecting wireless audio accessories use proprietary low latency wireless (Garret Z-Lynk, ML WiMax, Nokta "Green" wireless), BT APTX-LL (Equinox 600/800, Vanquish, GPX 6000, Nokta Legend), or the newest BT LE tech (Manticore, Nox 700/900) that have about 15 to 40ms lag max.  Some folks take issue with even that low level of lag and plug in directly (see Dave (Midalake's) post above).

There are numerous threads here on DP that discuss the topic.  Just do a search on "low latency" or APTX-LL and you will get some great info.

HH

400335751_APTXtoSBCComparison.jpg.6f00025ad70d84be87ee4c9d5eab92c6.jpg

7 minutes ago, PSPR said:

I'm not married to anything.  But I do know I won't be using the ML-105s in next summer's heat.

Neither will I.  But as of now?  It looks like the only other option will be speaker.  Which, I don't favor.  But I'll have to take it over any headphones in the heat.  Just ain't doing headphones when it's hot out.  Nope.  But not having ear bud options - and not wanting any hypothetical ML earbud options either, is going to suck more than just a little bit.  Especially as the MC has a BTE chipset.  Kinda pissed about that...

- Dave

14 minutes ago, PSPR said:

I'm not married to anything.  But I do know I won't be using the ML-105s in next summer's heat.

Plenty of APTX-LL earbuds still around and by next summer there might be 3rd party BT LE earbuds available (presuming ML is not using a proprietary version of BT LE).

Heres's a BT APTX-LL transmitter you can plug into the M-Core HP Jack:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MTFRKQM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And Here are some APTX-LL Earbuds for Summer:

https://www.amazon.com/HomeSpot-Bluetooth-Headphones-Qualcomm®-Compatible/dp/B09P4WQRH6/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3VXDY41ESEZ8C&keywords=Glazata+aptx+low+latency+earbuds+aptx-ll&qid=1670814096&sprefix=glazata+aptx+low+latency+earbuds+aptx-ll%2Caps%2C114&sr=8-8

Thanks, Chase.  I think today's Bluetooth tech is faster than many are aware.  APTx aim is 40ms or less.  Bluetooth LE's aim is 30ms or less.  Bluetooth 5.3 at less than 10 feet is supposed to be about the same latency as APTx depending upon the receiving device.  And, there is also the option to go with wired to a belt clip like the Garrett Zlynk for about $150.  Plus all the options you just listed!  The options abound!  :biggrin: