About Manticore From Nasa Tom

Rick N. MI

"Interesting observations I've been meaning to share/impart:
Mode differences whilst hunting in thick nails:

All Terrain High Conductors = Overall.....less sensitive to iron. More iron falsing. Deeper. Unmasks slightly better.
All Terrain Low Conductors = Overall.....more sensitive to iron.,.,.,.,., yet, with better iron ID. Less iron falsing. Not quite as deep as All Terrain High Conductors. Adjacent target separates slightly better.

Both Modes have/present virtually no 'conductive blind-spots'. In other words: both Modes are very sensitive to BOTH: high conductors AND low conductors."

There is some good information on the Manticore over there.  I've pasted some settings and suggestions mentioned there into a text file for quick reference.  That forum is just so hard to read, though, even on the proper settings.

Nasa Tom knows that manticore inside and out it seems.  Nice to hear the info from Tom who is part of the Minelab team, and is a detector expert!.    Anyone know if Steve H has used the manticore?   I've been out of the hobby for the last 2 years, Im way behind on whats been happening. 

On 12/12/2022 at 8:46 AM, Rick N. MI said:

Both Modes have/present virtually no 'conductive blind-spots'. In other words: both Modes are very sensitive to BOTH: high conductors AND low conductors."

No question Tom forgot more about detectors than i have ever known. However, you have to understand that his testing conditions are some of the mildest ground and beach in the country. 
His settings and results are going to be different than yours.