Manticore Dreamers Like Me Will Enjoy This Vid

PSPR

9 hours ago, palzynski said:

From what I saw on the Polish vids, the 900 seems to be more reactive than the 800 on targets and it seems to go deeper . Perhaps that will help for gold prospecting I dont know .

And they ve improved a lot of things on the 900 ; the fragile 800 CB side buttons now protected  ,  a carbon shaft , an adjustable armrest ...   

And it is still an affordable machine compared to the Mcore ( 1200 vs 2000E over here... )

Yes Alain...the Equinox 900 is faster than the Equinox 800...even the test results confirm it...you can set a lower recovery speed...to get really good results on the test field...

test success in 1 test line / 30 targets /.. is still.. at 93%..

Manticore still has.. the best .. success rate in 1 test line /30 targets/ at 97%...
Remember that any percentage of success above 90% here means that it is the most difficult to detect. - deep,, or separate difficult targets..

I consider detectors that achieve a success rate of at least 90% to be really good and universal,,, and I consider a success rate of at least 93% to be excellent /in the Top 5/..

But very interesting and decisive will be the testing in 2 ..testing  line -"Next Level"/ another 30 targets.../more masked by iron or very deep../ where the success of the detection can make more difference....we'll see..

I believe that 2... very demanding testing line will show strongly... what kind of detection potential does Mantiicore have compared to other very good high-class detectors..

maybe here Mike .... write something or post a video of tests in 2 very difficult testing  line... of another 30 targets...

13 hours ago, phrunt said:

We certainly are spoilt for detectors at the moment, a good new one to suit everyone's detecting tastes.  There has been a decent flow of new releases the past few years.  When I entered the game most people were swinging quite old detectors and there hasn't been much released in a long time, I decide I'll take up detecting then manufacturers start going nuts pumping out new models, it's been great being involved in detecting while competition is heating up but its a costly exercise. 🙂

I'm now settling on my favourites and sticking to them and I'm sure the Manticore is going to be one of them, I'm not going to get the 900 as the Manticore should be better than it for coins, and the 900 won't improve much if anything on gold nuggets over the 800 and I still hope the Manticore can at least equal the 800 on nuggets, big ask with a bigger coil though.

I believe that Manticore's performance on low-conductor targets in the Low conductors and Gold programs is really good./compared to current detectors/ ..., so it should also be reflected in Gold prospecting..:wink:

On 12/15/2022 at 11:33 PM, EL NINO77 said:

I know the Top Digin test field very well... and Mike/ Manicore test/... and Jack / Equinox 900 test and Equinox 800 test/ are my colleagues..

Hi Slavomir ,

Are they all Polish or may be some of them are from Slovakia ?

Anyway they do a great job with a very good testing procedure plus excellent videos ...👌

On 12/17/2022 at 4:24 PM, EL NINO77 said:

Yes Alain...the Equinox 900 is faster than the Equinox 800...even the test results confirm it...you can set a lower recovery speed...to get really good results on the test field...

test success in 1 test line / 30 targets /.. is still.. at 93%..

Manticore still has.. the best .. success rate in 1 test line /30 targets/ at 97%...
Remember that any percentage of success above 90% here means that it is the most difficult to detect. - deep,, or separate difficult targets..

I have carefully rewatched the 4 Polish vids ( Mcore , 900 , 800 , D2 ) . Yes you are right the Mcore goes a little deeper than the 900 and D2 and I change my previous ratings to the following ones :

Depth perfo from 1 to 5 :

1st   - Gold metal        -  ML Manticore :                           5   

2nd - Silver medal     -  XP Deus2 and ML Eq 900 :   4,5 

3rd -  Bronze medal  -  ML Eq 800 :                                 3,8

Just my opinion , others may disagree ...

Notice that these are just static depth tests and we still need a few ( dozens 🙂 .. ) hours field testing in real conditions for the Mcore and the 900 , as we already do have this info for the Deus2 ...

I think Mike will soon... publish ..... a table with results, supplemented by Deus 2 and Manticore, and also supplemented by Equinox 900..

...still in the Top 5 ..... are the best placed... detectors Manticore, Deus1, Etrac, Atrex, and XP Gold Max power...

Note one more thing....this table shows the 20 best tests ..some detectors were tested multiple times on different settings or coils.....and this Table evaluates...the results of these detectors in individual tests..

Rezultaty testuw Top digin.jpg

7 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

I think Mike will soon... publish ..... a table with results, supplemented by Deus 2 and Manticore, and also supplemented by Equinox 900..

...still in the Top 5 ..... are the best placed... detectors Manticore, Deus1, Etrac, Atrex, and XP Gold Max power...

Note one more thing....this table shows the 20 best tests ..some detectors were tested multiple times on different settings or coils.....and this Table evaluates...the results of these detectors in individual tests..

Thanks then we will have the Polish tester's ( and yours ) opinions  ... I would just suggest them to translate the table in English so that everyone can read and understand it , thx a lot ...   Looking fwd to these results  ... 🙂

....here is the new table, which is supplemented with Deus 2 and Equinox 900... Manticore is still leading... it has 141 points...

You can find important data with columns marked with letters:
A- place in the ranking.

F- total Number of points obtained from detected targets.. note more difficult separation or deep targets have a higher point rating..

W-number of detected targets out of a total of 30 targets...don't think that getting 27,28,29 targets out of a total of 30 targets is easy...that's the advantage of the best detectors..:smile:.

..these detectors do not detect, and pass 1, 2... or 3...really difficult targets...out of a total of 30 targets...which is an excellent result...:wink:👍

...for example, the ACE 400i detected 14.. targets.. out of 30... on this field..it also means that it will pass and not detect another 16...!!!

X- interesting data...-terrain conditions - from the table you can see that the best results are obtained by detectors in ..wet terrain..

IMG_20221218_213506 (4).jpg

12 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

....here is the new table, which is supplemented with Deus 2 and Equinox 900... Manticore is still leading... it has 141 points...

Thanks Slavomir but there is something which surprises me in the table  : the Deus and the Gold Maxx better than the D2  !?

From my static depth tests and after 40+ hours use with the D2 ( hundreds with the D1 .. ), I have no doubt that the D2 is better than the D1 , at least for depth( for coin-relic hunting in moderately mineralized soils, as tested in your vids ) .

This is almost always the case when you compare a single freq machine to its next SMF version , whatever the brand . SMF machines have better perfos ( especially depth ) than mono freqs ... For me after having watched the Polish vids several times I would rank the D2 at the same level as the 900 ..  

I know very well the Gold maxx I have hundreds of hours with it too , but it is a high freq 18khz with an outdated design ( 2008 ) and it cant beat a D2 for depth on medium-big coins I think , even if it is still a good detector ..

1. What is the best thing about the Top Digin test field... that the targets were placed so that they faithfully simulated the real conditions of the field, which contains pieces of iron, cermic and coal... and the low reactivity setting of the detector... here it does not have to work reliably on deep targets,,, - what I mean by that is that it is not a simple low-mineralized test environment....

2. even the use and setting of a low frequency in the detector may not work reliably /For example, 8 khz../. because in this difficult terrain you will lose a lot of deep and separation targets..

Let's look at the end of the table for the least scored detector tests... incorrect settings and other things... an excellent detector will cause very low detection capabilities in this tested field..

the number of detected targets can be very low.. only 12-16 detected targets..!!! total of 30 targest...!!!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.3ba42112cc7abba2414e48d1f2f1ffba.jpeg

This was also shown during tests of powerful detectors, when they were set to low reactivity and low frequency.../even with Deus1/ where detectors set in this way obtained few targets...

-------------------------------------------------------3... Multi-frequency..... For this Top Digin testing ground... 1F frequencies from 15 khz to 20 khz and higher work best.../maybe up to 30 khz - as in the case of my Vista gold Gain/...

Vista Gold Gain, Gold Max Power, TX 850/ Tek G2/, MXT PRO, Deus 1, ATREX on 1F.. and other excellent 1F detectors are in the "Top Ten" detectors

892755824_IMG_20221218_213506(4).jpg.7d774db4d186c7646f0b88f276c82569.jpg

...Correctly set single-frequency detector./15-30 khz/. it achieves excellent results on this test field... and is also very universal...

-------------------------------------------------------

The middle part of the table tells which detectors and at which settings they detect 25 targets out of a total of 30 targets...

is the loss of 5 targets from one test field too much or too little?,,,, I'll leave that up to you...:wink:

image.thumb.jpeg.d5c6ecdd5cb7280ff99ebd39aee0e4e2.jpeg

------------------------------------------------

3... The use of "Multi-frequency" alone in the tested multi-frequency detector does not guarantee... that the multi-F detector with this setting will achieve the best results in the field... because the detector on the used multi-frequency must still separate well and at the same time maintain the detection depth.. on deep or deep separation targets.... I note one setting /reactivity/ of the tested detector...
...It is a very demanding task even for multi-frequency..

Testing of multi-frequency detectors CTX 3030, ETRAC, EXPLORER SE PRO, SPECTRA V3,INTRONIC, EQUINOX600-800, VANQUISH 340-540, APEX, ATREX, DEUS2, and now Manticore and Equinox 900..., showed the advantages and disadvantages of each type of multi-frequency in these detectors. .

20 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

1. What is the best thing about the Top Digin test field... that the targets were placed so that they faithfully simulated the real conditions of the field, which contains pieces of iron, cermic and coal... and the low reactivity setting of the detector... here it does not have to work reliably on deep targets,,, - what I mean by that is that it is not a simple low-mineralized test environment....

ok I thought that these ( Top digin ) tests were depth tests in clean soils .  Then they are different from mine , wich explains the different results ...  . My tests ( test boxes ,see pic below) are pure depth tests , I have filtered the ground of my test boxes so that they contain no iron , no ceramic etc .  Only very clean soil with a few little stones .. 

Then my depth measurements are very close to what would be obtained in the field in a "clean" area.

I agree that most of our areas contain iron trash but I have a few ones with clean soils , especially an area in a forest close to a town with medium/big coins at depth , and where I need a deep machine , this is one of the reasons why I use these bed tests ...

DSC02132.JPG