Manticore Dreamers Like Me Will Enjoy This Vid

PSPR

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good videos-tests,  thanx Luis . The very first field tests comparing the Mcore , 900 and 800 ...

At first sight I would say that the Mcore and 900 won the match with similar depth perfos , with perhaps a slight advantage to the Mcore , but not much difference between them...

The 800 cant beat these 2 new detectors with lower depth perfos .   Just my opinion ..

Would have been interesting to compare with a Deus2 btw , may be these Polish guys will do this test later ...

30 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Very good videos-tests,  thanx Luis . The very first field tests comparing the Mcore , 900 and 800 ...

At first sight I would say that the Mcore and 900 won the match with similar depth perfos , with perhaps a slight advantage to the Mcore , but not much difference between them...

The 800 cant beat these 2 new detectors with lower depth perfos .   Just my opinion ..

Would have been interesting to compare with a Deus2 btw , may be these Polish guys will do this test later ...

Interesting vids. It was hard to remember the results from vid to vid but offhand it seemed the Manticore was pinging that deep cache of coins (I guess that's what it is?) much clearer than the 800 or 900?

I've never used any of these machines though so I know nothing about normal performance, settings, or anything else, but I like watching this kind of stuff anyways to start to learn, thanks. 

I know the Top Digin test field very well... and Mike/ Manicore test/... and Jack / Equinox 900 test and Equinox 800 test/ are my colleagues..
I consider the Top Digin test field to be really challenging.. from the point of view of the depth of the targets,,, or the targets that are placed between the iron. and only really good detectors ... not only with good deep detection ... but also with excellent separation can achieve really good results on this test field ... and that on one single detector setting ...

Mike.... is one of the Testers... Minelab  Manticore and Equinox 900... so you can trust that he knows.... how to use this detector... not only in this test field,,, but also in detection.. right in the field...

The Manticore test is on the General program... where Manticore achieved really excellent results... so wait for more tests to come... also on other programs... and also on the second part of the test field where another 30 targets are stored. ..+ several other very deep subjects..

Am I the only one, who doesn't play around with  a damn pinpointer for 5 minutes, trying to locate a target? Watching guys do this, drives me nuts. 😄  I actually rarely use a pinpointer, and usually have  my target in 1/10 the time.

52 minutes ago, deathray said:

Am I the only one, who doesn't play around with  a damn pinpointer for 5 minutes, trying to locate a target? Watching guys do this, drives me nuts. 😄  I actually rarely use a pinpointer, and usually have  my target in 1/10 the time.

You must have better eyes than most of us.  I couldn't see a dime if it were laying on top of the ground right in front of me.  My dog knows to stay away from me when I'm standing.  I've mistaken her for a rug on many occasion.

3 hours ago, deathray said:

So, I started detecting long before pinpointers were a thing and never thought there was a need for them. For the last several years I've been a beach/water hunter 99% of the time and felt even less need for a pinpointer. Yesterday I did a park hunt for the first time in a long time and tried the pinpointer that I had along. It was AMAZINGLY helpful but could also mean that my dirt hunting recovery skills aren't what they used to be. 🙂

40 minutes ago, Compass said:

So, I started detecting long before pinpointers were a thing and never thought there was a need for them. For the last several years I've been a beach/water hunter 99% of the time and felt even less need for a pinpointer. Yesterday I did a park hunt for the first time in a long time and tried the pinpointer that I had along. It was AMAZINGLY helpful but could also mean that my dirt hunting recovery skills aren't what they used to be. 🙂

I hear ya. It's not the pinpointing in the hole , that bugs me. If you see the video, you'll see what I mean. It's using the pinpointer in a pile a dirt...I just grab a clump of dirt, swing over the coil, reduce till targets in the hand.

On 12/15/2022 at 10:28 PM, Luis said:

thx Luis , I looked at this Deus2 video so now I could compare the Mcore , the 900 , the 800 and the Deus2 by analyzing the 4 above videos  . 

And the winner is 🙂 ( for me ) :

1. Mcore , 900 , Deus2 with similar depth perfos with may be a (very) slight edge for the Mcore

2. Equinox 800 . The 800 seems to be below the 3 others on this test , especially in terms of signal accuracy on target

Conclusion there seem to be a significant depth improvement between the Mcore and the 800 , but not vs the 900 and the D2  ..

So at first sight no revolution for the Mcore on this test , sorry for the dreamers  ...   Users field tests are merciless but they tell the truth ... And these Polish guys and their testing testing procedure seem to be very serious and reliable , with different targets sizes and depths .   

Looking fwd to other tests by other users which will confirm ( or not ) these results ... I will do my own tests of course when I have a Mcore ...