Full Tones - Discrimination - Iron Tone Question

CPT_GhostLight

Taking a D1 and setting full tones, iron volume is always out of the picture, doesn’t work, useless. In a D2/full tones (0.71 in my case) you can hear iron tone if the discrimination is set from the VDI of the iron target to  lower disc. For example: the target is a nail whose VDI is 4...if I set discrimination 4 with iron volume 1-2-3-4-5, I can hear iron tone but a little discriminated, if I set lower disc (from 3 to -6.4) I can hear iron tone 100%. If I set disc over the VDI number of the iron target (from 5 going up), no way to hear iron tone..

15 hours ago, Ogliuga said:

Taking a D1 and setting full tones, iron volume is always out of the picture, doesn’t work, useless. In a D2/full tones (0.71 in my case) you can hear iron tone if the discrimination is set from the VDI of the iron target to  lower disc. For example: the target is a nail whose VDI is 4...if I set discrimination 4 with iron volume 1-2-3-4-5, I can hear iron tone but a little discriminated, if I set lower disc (from 3 to -6.4) I can hear iron tone 100%. If I set disc over the VDI number of the iron target (from 5 going up), no way to hear iron tone..

Great, easy to understand explanation!

24 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Great, easy to understand explanation!

That's the trick to opening up full tones on the D2 🙂 I'm liking it.

21 hours ago, Ogliuga said:

Thank you Ogliuga! That helps a lot. So does the Disc blank iron sounds or make them sound like non-ferrous tones above the set Disc number? Either way that explains my Full Tones nail tests not having iron tones because the Disc was set higher than the VDI of the nails. Thanks for helping me understand, guys, I'm a little slow, but I can be taught! 😏

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Thank you Ogliuga! That helps a lot. So does the Disc blank iron sounds or make them sound like non-ferrous tones above the set Disc number? Either way that explains my Full Tones nail tests not having iron tones because the Disc was set higher than the VDI of the nails. Thanks for helping me understand, guys, I'm a little slow, but I can be taught! 😏

If you think you are slow then don’t worry because there are 2 of us!

Higher disc (ex: nail VDI 4, disc set on 5/6/7 and above) blanks iron tone making iron volume totally unusable.

Thank you guys!