Watching For The Manticore Boat

PSPR

2 minutes ago, tom25251 said:

Not sure I did a credit card and it was $1,599 and I got $1,554 credit...And you are correct that dealer will not be getting any more business from me.

When you originally pre-ordered did their site or documentation during pre-order process say that you would be charged $45 fee for cancelling? 

If not call your credit card company and complain, you might be able to get that money back.

39 minutes ago, Yatahaze323 said:

When you originally pre-ordered did their site or documentation during pre-order process say that you would be charged $45 fee for cancelling? 

If not call your credit card company and complain, you might be able to get that money back.

He has a return policy that explains it...But he also has a sponcered link on Google that I plan on clicking daily for a while....

He couldn't supply the product in a reasonable amount of time, so you were not unreasonable to cancel your order.  I would fight it, and I would win, not sure on your counties laws though but he'd have no hope of doing that here and getting away with it.  He's the one that chose to take money for a product he couldn't provide.

It could be why dealers here have lists, but they don't take money until they have the product to give you.

• Like 2

That is really unreasonable. I can see if he ordered a detector for you that he would have a hard time selling to anybody else. That is not the case here, return policy or not. He knows he has had your money for x amount of months and you don't have your merchandise. There should be a certain amount of personal input by the dealer over and above his "policy".

Cabela's still has them in stock if you're tired of waiting.

• Like 1

Ask him for compensation for waiting for a product he can't provide when you can right now buy it somewhere else, and could have for some time.  🙂

You've lost detecting time because of this guy, and detecting time with a new detector can't be replaced, you have to hit your spots before someone else does.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

You've lost detecting time because of this guy, and detecting time with a new detector can't be replaced, you have to hit your spots before someone else does.

Yea...because Manticore goes deeper and you need one before everybody else gets one on your beach! 😆

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 2:52 PM, phrunt said:

Ask him for compensation for waiting for a product he can't provide when you can right now buy it somewhere else, and could have for some time.  🙂

I'm glad I went ahead and got mine from Cabela's (sorry, dealers).  Last week I added up all my gold/silver finds since I sarted hitting the beach with it (sometime around Jan 25th) and it's already halfway paid for itself in melt value.

• Like 3

On 3/18/2023 at 2:20 PM, OCBeepDigger said:

Me too... paid for mine last October... still waiting! 😕

So today was the day. Almost exactly 6 months after paying for my Manticore I got the email today... it's shipping!!! Fingers crossed it gets to me by the weekend but regardless... excited it's finally actually on its way! 🙂

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 2

3 hours ago, TroyLPN said:

I'm glad I went ahead and got mine from Cabela's (sorry, dealers).  Last week I added up all my gold/silver finds since I sarted hitting the beach with it (sometime around Jan 25th) and it's already halfway paid for itself in melt value.

I'm also glad I got mine from Cabela's, I couldn't justify putting down the whole price without a guarantee of receiving it when it was released.  I feel like I got to skip to the front of the line by buying from them.

But this whole release has given me a good look into the potential future of minelab and I get the feeling that the money counters are running the show over there at minelab.  The engineers at minelab have done a great job with the manticore and I know that they're working on a new software update but I hope the money counters don't hold the engineers back from providing additional software updates in the future.