New 900 Tidbits...

Dan(NM)

I find it interesting that the Nox 11 inch coil is bigger compared to the Manticore 11" coil. Also the Manticore coil cable is half the dimeter of the Nox coil cable. 

strick

3 hours ago, strick said:

the Manticore coil cable is half the dimeter of the Nox coil cable.

From experience using high speed (~GHz transmission) coax, and assuming these cables are similar design, there shouldn't be an electrical/electronic/noise problem with the smaller diameter.  But if robustness is a concern I can't speak to that.  Pretty sure it's typically the attach points (where the cable enters and is fixed to the coil and where the connector is mounted on the top end) that fail, not the cable body itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a little worried about the relative complexity of the arm cuff design and attachment from the standpoint that it might be very difficult to get an aftermarket replacement cuff adequately designed for use on the stock shaft. I never had the cuff break on my EQ800, but I also never gave it much of a chance…within a month of purchasing my 800, I replaced the shaft with a CF shaft and replaced the cuff with an indestructible, heavy aluminum cuff. Does the 900 cuff design look significantly stronger in person than the previous Equinox cuff? It’s hard to tell from just photos.

The 900 cuff is made using a more flexible plastic than the 800 cuff. The 900 cuff should hold up a lot better.