New 900 Tidbits...

Dan(NM)

12 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Yikes, it may show things down a bit that they use more proprietary process for attaching the control unit, but I gotta say that we have at least one clever individual who will find a workaround. 😉 That mount may even turn out to be an Achilles' Heel. Thanks again for interesting detailed photos. 👍

I agree with Badger, that tape looks cool. 😎

Thank you. Somebody is going to come up with someway to make money off of this setup I have no doubt lol

Here's something I found out for myself today. I can use the wireless headphones and connect my wireless transmitter plugged into the headphone jack and connect the wireless earbuds at the same time. I think this may have been mentioned about the Manticore.

2 minutes ago, Dan(NM) said:

Here's something I found out for myself today. I can use the wireless headphones and connect my wireless transmitter plugged into the headphone jack and connect the wireless earbuds at the same time. I think this may have been mentioned about the Manticore.

That will be nice for letting someone else hear what you're hearing.

Still kinda concerns me that Aptx-LL devices aren't working despite the claims of support. Did you "initialize" the device before pairing it to the Equinox? Some APTX-LL stuff has to be "unpaired" before pairing it to another device. 🤔

13 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

That will be nice for letting someone else hear what you're hearing.

Still kinda concerns me that Aptx-LL devices aren't working despite the claims of support. Did you "initialize" the device before pairing it to the Equinox? Some APTX-LL stuff has to be "unpaired" before pairing it to another device. 🤔

I agree it's a cool feature, dual audio support. I tried six different Bluetooth devices, not one would connect to the 900.  I couldn't get the headphones to connect to my phone either. My phone detected the ml85s but would not make a connection.

Really great info and pics, Dan. Very informative. It looks like replacing failed 800 control pods with a 900 pod is out of the question.

2 hours ago, TedinVT said:

Really great info and pics, Dan. Very informative. It looks like replacing failed 800 control pods with a 900 pod is out of the question.

Thank you... Until someone makes a replacement bottom part.

5 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

It looks like Minelab has ended the aftermarket shaft business with the new pod design. I'm assuming someone will design an aftermarket bottom piece for the pod soon enough though. There's not much to not like about the new shaft, but I'm sure some will find fault with it

Of course, unless your 6'4" and the stock shaft is too short.🤬 That "fixed" pod mount is just another consumer issue for some of us. 

5 minutes ago, Badger-NH said:

Your welcome, the stuff really holds up a longtime tool

On 12/19/2022 at 8:35 PM, Dan(NM) said:

I got the 900 and it's a step up from the 800 no doubt in several areas.   The coil ears are beefed up and molded different than the 800 coil. I'm not sure how the threaded ear is going to hold up though,  we'll see. The balance feels very good even when the shafts are fully extended, did not feel nose heavy to me. The arm rest is top notch, lots of adjustment and fast to readjust when needed. The lower shaft is smaller than the 800, I  measured 17.5mm vs 20 mm on the Nox. The lower and  middle rod when extended to the red line on the shafts is 36" There is about 4 inches past the factory red line on both the lower and middle rod, so you could extend out 3-4 more inches if you needed to. The magnet on the housing charging port has been upgraded, it has more bite on the charging cable than the 800.

Wireless, it's not standard bluetooth, I have 6 APTX Low Latency devises I used on the 800, nothing will connect. I tried the WM08 and it's a no go. I even tried to pair with my phone, it listed the headphones as Minelab ML85's,but, would not connect.  I have a transmitter mounted on the bottom of the armrest, wired into the headphone jack that will allow me to use my wireless earbuds.  I have another transmitter on the way for the Manticore.

The headphones paired up in a couple seconds, no waiting like the 800.  They sound much better than the ML80's, very clear and crisp and very little delay in response time. I will use them when its cold outside, but I prefer earbuds otherwise.

Not much difference navigating the menu or controls, basically the same as the 800.  The battery was almost dead when it arrived, so I wasn't able to play around with it much today, plus it was raining when it arrived. I have a day off Wed before the big freeze moves into Texas and will take it to an old sports field here in town and give it a test run. 

900-1.jpg

900-2.jpg

900-3.jpg

900-4.jpg

90-5.jpg

900-6.jpg

900-7.jpg

900-8.jpg

900-9.jpg

NIce improvements!  It was  gradual flexion that was killing those ears I guess the threading will remedy that.  Keep us posted. 

cjc