What Is Expected In The Upcoming Update?

Skate

Well it would appear that the end of the year update may have been for 2023. :laugh:

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Skate said:

Well it would appear that the end of the year update may have been for 2023. :laugh:

By then the way these youngsters are marketing and developing, it'll be a D3 😁 All New and Completely Incompatible!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Skate said:

Well it would appear that the end of the year update may have been for 2023.

Yeah it feels that way doesn't it, I bought mine just as the the 0.71 update came out. It's a disappointment we have been waiting so long without any official word, just rumors to keep our spirits up.

I went out yesterday with my Deus 1, using full tones on the hot program, gosh it sounded sweet, I just hope for a nice surprise when its eventually finished.

• Like 1

Rumors of updates don't keep my spirits up, going out and finding things with my detector keeps my spirits up and the D2 has rarely disappointed since I installed 0.71, if there are targets to find at the site I'm detecting.  Hope my D1 still works so I can get it up for sale as it isn't getting any usage.

• Like 5

I have always used full tones on any machine I owned, I feel the Deus 2 full tones are pretty dam ordinary, I need to be able to pick out the high tones from all the can-slaw and pull-tabs everywhere. If using limited tonal options I have to screen watch all the time. The Deus 1 was a dream to use yesterday, mush easier to pick out the 1 and 2 dollar coins without blending the tones together. I was considering selling mine to Chase, but I may have to hang onto it a little longer.

• Like 1

I agree full tones on D2 need improvement, but as a relic detectorist, I primarily use pitch with iron volume in the discriminated range for max depth on any non-ferrous, so full tones is not really a priority.  With the relatively stable TIDs vs. D1, this works well for my targets of interest.  I've used full tones to differentiate irregular shaped aluminum from "round targets" so I know its useful for ring and coin shooting, but would be hard pressed to use it to differentiate between high conductive coin targets even on the D1's full tones.  Not familiar with the different composition and size between those coin types but kudos on being able to do that using only audio with your 1 and 2 dollar coins.  That's impressive.  Are there situations where you would prefer to just cherry pick one over the other?

• Like 3

I must do a small video one day, just running the coil through the aluminum and tabs listening for those coins to pop out in full tones. Being higher in value, there what most people like to find in our neck of the woods. Both the Australian 1 and 2 dollar coins ring up between 85-88 mostly, I pretty much always come home with 4 or 5 dollars in my pocket, sometimes a little more as most of them are no more than 2 to 3 inches under the ground. That maybe why the D1 does so well in this situation as its not as deep as the D2.

I don't understand xp's policy....
total silence for over 8 months....nokta makro is transparent, it always keeps its customers updated...
xp doesn't communicate anything, neither progress nor projects, it doesn't seem to exist...mha ....
hope the wait is worth it :(
  • Like 3

Since I'm relatively new, getting back into detecting a few years ago, I am pretty darn happy with the Deus 2 so far even with it's quirks.

I started back up with the Equinox 800 after being out of the game for 30 years and it changed what I thought I knew about detectors, which wasn't really very much. Learning the Nox upped my game quite a bit, but I really started learning how much there still was to learn when I got the D2!

I realize it has a steeper learning curve because it has many more nuances and gives me so much more control to learn. So while I'm looking forward to the next round of improvements in the coming update, I'm pretty happy using V0.71. I get finds every time I'm out with the D2 and I learn something more every time I use it. I just hope the new update doesn't put me back in the dark, but I don't think it will. Just my 2 cents. 😎

• Like 6