Manticore Sensitivity 30 To 35

fishersari

Hello there, would love to hear opinions/finding from detectorist that can run high sensitivity at the beach.

I just got back from the beach and something is bugging me. I ran the manticore with the sensitivity of 27 around 30 minutes and keep increasing the sensitivity to see how its react to EMI and the ground. To my surprise I can run the sensitivity to the max with minimal EMI as the video shows. Heck I can even run it with the coil submerge with manageable falsing signal. With 35 sensitivity the ground lit up, coin 6 inch deep sound like coin on surface (not double beep tones though), almost everything ferrous or non ferrous sound good (I'm ok with all this since I used max setting). The things that bugging me are:

a) There is no difference in depth from the sensitivity of 31 to 35. It just tones become louder like stronger signal. The target signal cut off at almost the same height while I increased the coil from the ground when I try to find out the depth differences. 

b) I can hunt with the sensitivity of 35 using beach general in the water (coil only submerge) with some falsing.

Please note that the aim for me at the beach today is to see how well the manticore can run on wet salt sand and learning the language of manticore. I didn't investigate thoroughly since I didn't have much time. Hope you guys can understand what I'm trying to convey since English is not my primary language and I also hope I'm doing something wrong.

Setting I use are:

Sensitivity as above

Recovery speed : 3 ( at dry sand and wet sand), 5 (coil submerge)

Ground balance: +\- 14 (tracking)

Mode: Beach General

Audio: Normal with Rich profile 

I wish I could help you Fishersari but I have not been able to run the sensitivity nearly that high in the area where I live. I've only had the machine to saltwater beach once and that was my first time using it and found that if I did not turn the sensitivity down when in the beach modes it did chatter from the salt water. The most I could run it was up to 23. We also have lots of black sand here on the west coast beaches. 

strick 

20 hours ago, fishersari said:

a) There is no difference in depth from the sensitivity of 31 to 35. It just tones become louder like stronger signal.

In my opinion: there is no difference in depth with the Equinox running 23-25 sensitivity, also there is no difference in depth with running the Deus 2 from 95-100. So I do not see a big deal with your Manticore. 

20 hours ago, fishersari said:

b) I can hunt with the sensitivity of 35 using beach general in the water (coil only submerge) with some falsing.

I do not know of anyone who can do this, and other parameters of your machine seem "off" as compared to others. I would be suspicious your machine is not working correctly. 

Are you saltwater hunting of fresh water? Let us know more today. In the long run you may not know for sure until you compare with another Manticore on your spot. 

13 hours ago, strick said:

I wish I could help you Fishersari but I have not been able to run the sensitivity nearly that high in the area where I live. I've only had the machine to saltwater beach once and that was my first time using it and found that if I did not turn the sensitivity down when in the beach modes it did chatter from the salt water. The most I could run it was up to 23. We also have lots of black sand here on the west coast beaches. 

strick 

Most manticore here (that I knew off) ran at the sensitivity of 30. They cant hunt above 30 due to excessive EMI chatter. They didn't use the top secret manticore feature though which is.......the long press noise cancel me think 🤣...

12 hours ago, midalake said:

In my opinion: there is no difference in depth with the Equinox running 23-25 sensitivity, also there is no difference in depth with running the Deus 2 from 95-100. So I do not see a big deal with your Manticore. 

I do not know of anyone who can do this, and other parameters of your machine seem "off" as compared to others. I would be suspicious your machine is not working correctly. 

Are you saltwater hunting of fresh water? Let us know more today. In the long run you may not know for sure until you compare with another Manticore on your spot. 

Saltwater hunting. I also think I received a bad machine or coil (one of the reason because other manticore can run at 30 but mine can run 35) so yesterday I compare mine (which I called Kersani btw 😁) to another manticore (air test) with the same coin, gold ring, silver ring by using same setting for both machine. The problem is we only can run at the sensitivity of 20 due to EMI (at my office area) and the result are the same. I need to go to the beach to compare it again with full sensitivity and coil submerge and see how its goes.

For now I think my machine is in good condition. Its still confuses me that I can ran without the machine act crazy when the coil submerged in beach general mode with max sensitivity. I will update more info when i go to the beach again. I am still gathering data for the pros and con of silence/pleasant setting compare to high sensitivity setting that come with amplified ground signal, falsing, headache

13 hours ago, fishersari said:

I also think I received a bad machine or coil (one of the reason because other manticore can run at 30 but mine can run 35) so yesterday

It would be nice for some other beach hunters to speak up. I know of two VERY experienced hunters. One could not run past 20 sensitivity and the person who helped develop the machine has stated you would be lucky to get past 23 sensitivity! This was in the surf/seawater mode too. 

19 hours ago, Digalicious said:

Fishersari,

If I read that right, you're able to run it at max sensitivity when the coil is submerged, but not when it's submerged. If so, then would that be because the water is shielding the coil from EMI?

I can ran the manticore with max sensitivity on wet salt salt sand and coil submerge (above ankle deep, not fully submerge to control pod though) with huntable falsing/noise for me. Its not like the equinox act crazy by using beach 1 full sensitivity with coil submerged. The manticore is more tame. I was under Impression that beach general works more or less like beach mode 1 on equinox. On the equinox I can get away with beach 1 on (most of the time) wet salt sand and beach mode 2 while coil submerged at this beach.

16 hours ago, midalake said:

It would be nice for some other beach hunters to speak up. I know of two VERY experienced hunters. One could not run past 20 sensitivity and the person who helped develop the machine has stated you would be lucky to get past 23 sensitivity! This was in the surf/seawater mode too. 

I don't know if other manticores at my area submerged their coil too or not and what mode they used. I do know they ran 30 sensitivity at wet beach. They also running the manticore for the first time at that particular beach. For now I will be using/testing the sensitivity of 27-29. Its make the weak/faint signal standout little bit more from background chatter to my liking. I'll go to the other beaches and see if I can run high sensitivity or not while learning the machine especially on ground/target response when using high sensitivity.

Max sens is 25 on the beach here in the couple of spots I have tried . At that level it's noisy , any more it gets really cranky and e.m.i. becomes an issue too .

Short video on Manticore with the sensitivity of 34 on the test run. Near the end of the video I reduced the sensitivity to check on the iron target response with lower sensitivity. it was between dry and wet sand near the time of high tides around 90 minutes from the video was recorded.

I would bury a couple of coins in the sand and test the sensitivity from 21 -35 to see whether your gaining anything. Also up the reactivity/recovery speed a little, that will improve the machine on mineralized beaches and cut down on false signals.