What Are The Best Waterproof Headphones For The D2?

CPT_GhostLight

7 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I think the fix is in. I've never tried or even seen the Eisenhowers, but seems like they're the best of the best. 👍 I'll bet they're pretty pricey.

I've used the bone phones quite a bit, I don't submerge completely but do go deep enough where physics still allow me to still use my scoop. I'm a situational awareness fan, so they work great and sound as good as any other XP headphones, maybe a bit better than the WS6 or the WSA II. I have never had much trouble with the stiff wire they have. For 60ish bucks they're a great backup. 🙂 

If you don't mind the backphones you probably won't mind then either!

I've been curious about the Bone Phones, but since I haven't hit a saltwater beach since I got the D2, I figured I don't need them. But the wife came home a few days ago and said we're going to a beach this year so get ready! 😃 That means, pack your bags and get the D2 water ready! 😎

6 minutes ago, Brad Plohman said:

A question for anyone using the Tony Eisenhower headphones on their D2;

Do they use the bone phone output like the GG Amphibians, or the wired headphone output?

I'm currently using the Gray Ghost Amphibian II's and love them, but because they use the bone phone output you're limited to square audio. Just wondering if the Eisenhower's used the regular wired phone output so you had your choice of PWM or Square? I was thinking it would be nice if the new update for the D2 added PWM to the bone phone output but I think that's probably unlikely.

That's a good question, I'd also like to know.

I was recently looking at the Thresher and Aqua Tek waterproof phones on a dealer's site and it said the Thresher phones use the Bone Phone outputs and are much louder, but it doesn't say that on the Aqua Tek phones which look identical except for color, so those may be wired for standard audio output.

AquaTek.jpg

Thresher.jpg

3 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I was recently looking at the Thresher and Aqua Tek waterproof phones on a dealer's site and it said the Thresher phones use the Bone Phone outputs and are much louder

Tony E. wired my Black Widows to use the Bone Phone output. It is outrageous loud.  Think I am hunting at the 3 or 4 setting. 

4 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I've been curious about the Bone Phones, but since I haven't hit a saltwater beach since I got the D2, I figured I don't need them. But the wife came home a few days ago and said we're going to a beach this year so get ready! 😃 That means, pack your bags and get the D2 water ready! 😎

Some love them, some hate them. I've found them to be exceedingly loud when they are placed right, that's the trick, and you should run the cable behind your head rather than in front. 🙂

Just offering one thumbs up for the bone phones if you want situational awareness. 👍

20 hours ago, Brad Plohman said:

A question for anyone using the Tony Eisenhower headphones on their D2;

Do they use the bone phone output like the GG Amphibians, or the wired headphone output?

I'm currently using the Gray Ghost Amphibian II's and love them, but because they use the bone phone output you're limited to square audio. Just wondering if the Eisenhower's used the regular wired phone output so you had your choice of PWM or Square? I was thinking it would be nice if the new update for the D2 added PWM to the bone phone output but I think that's probably unlikely.

They are Boners as well. They are very loud. Myself I would rather have the PMW as I like the iron sound better and it took me a bit to get used to them. But the quality is there for sure.

An E mail from Tony when I was enquiring bout headphones for my Deus 2   

" I now build two versions of my waterproof headphones:

1. The “Divers” have vent and drain holes which allows water to rapidly drain from the cups. 

They are specifically designed for scuba, snorkeling or free diving.

2. The “Waders” are identical to the “Divers” except that I omit the vent and drain holes. This essentially eliminates any wind noise. They can still be used under water, it just takes longer for them to drain. Perfect for dry land, wading or use in the rain. 

They are designed to work in the “Bone Phone” mode on the Deus II so they can be very loud. you may have to reduce the volume.The custom built 6-pin plug exceeds IP68 waterproof standards. The connector is straight so the cable can be easily routed away from your grip. 

Like this pic: "

thumbnail (9).jpeg

On 2/10/2023 at 4:19 PM, F350Platinum said:

Some love them, some hate them. I've found them to be exceedingly loud when they are placed right, that's the trick, and you should run the cable behind your head rather than in front. 🙂

Just offering one thumbs up for the bone phones if you want situational awareness. 👍

Thanks, F350, I'm still curious to try them. Since they are very affordable, I will probably snag a pair to try out. Worst case scenario, they would make a great backup pair. Thanks again, amigo! 😎

On 2/11/2023 at 7:31 AM, strick said:

They are Boners as well. They are very loud. Myself I would rather have the PMW as I like the iron sound better and it took me a bit to get used to them. But the quality is there for sure.

An E mail from Tony when I was enquiring bout headphones for my Deus 2   

" I now build two versions of my waterproof headphones:

1. The “Divers” have vent and drain holes which allows water to rapidly drain from the cups. 

They are specifically designed for scuba, snorkeling or free diving.

2. The “Waders” are identical to the “Divers” except that I omit the vent and drain holes. This essentially eliminates any wind noise. They can still be used under water, it just takes longer for them to drain. Perfect for dry land, wading or use in the rain. 

They are designed to work in the “Bone Phone” mode on the Deus II so they can be very loud. you may have to reduce the volume.The custom built 6-pin plug exceeds IP68 waterproof standards. The connector is straight so the cable can be easily routed away from your grip. 

Like this pic: "

thumbnail (9).jpeg

Thanks, strick, those Tony E's look pretty sweet! Like you, I'd prefer to be able to use PWM audio since I use that primarily, but I like Square tones in Pitch mode which is probably what I would use in Beach mode. I imagine since the Bone Mode audio is louder it makes other headphones easier to hear over the surf and wind noise and is probably easier to hear under water when using the Bone Phone audio out.