Lg30 Search Coil

HerrUU

After some consideration I ordered the LG30 search coil, mainly to replace the LG28. I already had the LG24, which is a great coil but where I go hunting, it lacks a bit of depth. So today, I got the new coil delivered and had some time to test it out in my garden. This garden has already been searched to death with the LG28 and LG24 but I wanted to see if I could get some new targets and dig up some known ones that are mainly foil, bottle caps and can slaw.

I was amazed by the accuracy of this coil, pinpointing is no problem and target separation is very good, two things that were a bit lacking with the LG28. I even found a coin in a spot that I at least went over a few times with the LG24, it was a faint signal and about 8 inches down was the coin on its side. Dug up some small foil and nails, I knew what they were but I wanted to see how accurate and precise the coil could be. Well I had a iffy signal, right on the edge of what I would dig up, irony signal but I wanted to see what it was. It was a tiny piece of a galvanized nail, about 1/3 of an inch long. It was at 9 inches deep. My sensitivity was at 25, Park program and M1. When I switched to Field (same settings), I got a lot more noise but this is because the soil in that part of the garden is very hot, lots of nails, foil, bottle caps and can slaw. At a certain point I had a slammer of a signal, VDI 18 so I knew this was probably foil (which it was) but the size was minuscule, about 1/2 cm2, a little flake that was about 4 inches down. I was able to cleanly identify it and got it pinpointed smack in the center of my plug. 

Anyways, great coil this LG30. Nokta should think about making this the stock coil instead of the LG28. With the LG28, the legend is a good detector but with the LG30 it is simply superb 🙂

I certainly agree with your thoughts on the LG30.  It and the LG24 are a big step in making the Legend an extremely well rounded outfit.  If Nokta will introduce a couple of Concentric coils(LG18C&LG23C) I would call it near perfect.     (and maybe add a second C Disc slot,,,, and a true motion AllMetal mode,,, and 🤔😉)

Yes LG24 performs very well in iron with lowered filters. Separation is outstanding.

Went out on a hunt today with the LG30. I think I found my favorite coil 😁 This coil goes at least as deep as the LG28,but because it's less sensitive to interference, you can actually set your sensitivity higher which means that it goes deeper. It's more than capable to separate small targets and pinpointing is pretty accurate.

• 1 month later...

That’s good to hear, HerrUU as I’m about to order the LG30 and putting the LG28 for sale , though there may be little demand for it. I’d wait for the package with new cuff and cf mid-rod but it’s not available till at least mid May and I want it for the spring time when fields are easier to detect. I agree the LG15 , LG24 and now the LG30 will make quite a well rounded outfit. 

Keep the LG28 as backup, you never know 🙂 It's not a bad coil after all, just not as good as the LG30.

• 4 months later...