Downgrading My Legend

Ndrefg

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has tried to install a older version (1.08 or 1.07) of the firmware into your detector with a newer version already installed (1.10)?

Is it possible?

I got some nice results in park on the beach with 1.07 but upgraded the firmware to 1.09 and now to 1.10 and was interested in trying if possible to make a "downgrade" to understand if it was luck or not.

Thank you and good finds!

Yes, you can go back to different versions.

Since all updates, according to Nokta, include all the previous updates, wouldn't it be simpler to just turn off, disable,  or simply not use the features you do not find useful?   

2 hours ago, Ndrefg said:

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has tried to install a older version (1.08 or 1.07) of the firmware into your detector with a newer version already installed (1.10)?

Is it possible?

I got some nice results in park on the beach with 1.07 but upgraded the firmware to 1.09 and now to 1.10 and was interested in trying if possible to make a "downgrade" to understand if it was luck or not.

I can't honestly say without any knowledge of the circumstances of the original hunt, regarding whether luck was involved.  But I tend to agree with Cal.  If you set up the machine with identical settings, and are not getting the same results I would chalk that up to a lot of other site variables that have nothing to do with the detector firmware.

7 hours ago, Ndrefg said:

Why not setup a few tests in your garden to see if you could have an issue with the newer versions? I had more or less the same feeling as you have but it was not due to the software update, rather me not understanding what the new settings were. I took some time to test things like the Iron Filter and Bottle Cap reject and now I'm able to better tune my detector. As a consequence, the device now runs better.

When you don't find things, it's often because there's nothing under the coil. I've had the same problem, luckily I had a friend nearby with another detector and he was not finding anything either. Just junk. Turns out to be a bad field. Once we moved to another field, the finds became better. So I would say, leave the update as is, check how the new settings work and go out hunting a few times. You'll see that it will get better 🙂

On 2/27/2023 at 7:12 AM, Ndrefg said:

Hello,

Is it possible?

Since there is no longer a 1.08 you cannot go to 1.08 but you can go as far back to 1.05, from my understanding, have never tried it but, if you do go back to a earlier version let us know how it goes

I really do not understand why you would want to go back to a earlier version though from what I have noticed with each update there has been many improvements made to the Legend with the added features that have come to us with each new version