What Is The Deepest Dime You Have Recovered Using The Legend With Standard Coil?

I have not dug any super deep Dimes yet with the Legend, just 8-9".  In my 2 bar test bed, a 10" Dime is no problem, a 12" Dime is VERY iffy. a 12" Quarter will hit 25-40% of the scans. If you mount the LG35 it will hit them a good bit better.   I feel the Legend has more usable depth than my Anfibio Multi because it is more stable & gives a clearer tone. This becomes even more noticeable as Mineralization or iron trash increases.   Having the Multi frequency choices & the overall adjustability of the machine make a big difference in usable performance in changing field conditions.

non-mineralized wet conductive clay soil,second outing with legend! 
multifrequency m3 the only stable in that soil recovery on 4 sensitivity 27 if 2 st1....
hit a normal size coin at about 12 inches with id 16

On 3/3/2023 at 9:43 AM, JCR said:

I have not dug any super deep Dimes yet with the Legend, just 8-9". 

Same here, roughly guessing...and maybe closer to 10". Soil in my area is mostly red/brown clay, minimal mineralization, with a thin layer of topsoil. I just got the LG35 coil, however, and can't wait to see how it does depth-wise.

Interestingly, the moment that really hooked me on the hobby here was when I got a Nox 800 and, on my first test pass in the backyard (already hit repeatedly w/an Ace 400), I pulled a '63 Roosevelt dime at around 8-10". I feel the Legend would hit that same target, no prob. 

The LG35 is a great coil. Noticeably deeper than the stock LG28 or the LG30, separates & pin points very well, stable & sensitive to very small targets. It is a little heavier but if you shorten the shaft an inch or so it is very well balanced all day long.

5 minutes ago, JCR said:

The LG35 is a great coil. Noticeably deeper than the stock LG28 or the LG30, separates & pin points very well, stable & sensitive to very small targets. It is a little heavier but if you shorten the shaft an inch or so it is very well balanced all day long.

And here I thought the LG30 would separate better. I guess i'm sticking to my LG35! It's a pretty solid coil when there are targets to be had! :sleep:

I think you mis read my post. The LG35 is deeper than the stock LG28 or LG30,   I think the LG30 separates better & it is lighter weight.  I also think the LG35 separates as good as the LG28 but not the LG30.

10” easily on US dimes and copper pennies using any of the land based programs set on one of the Multi settings using the 11” coil. Those aren’t just very iffy hits. I get enough accurate tones and IDs to make a dig decision and know what I’m digging as far as conductivity.

Mineralization meter on my Legend consistently reads 6 to 10 bars of Fe3 O4 Magnetite mineralization.

Jeff,   What Recovery speed range do you find works best in that level of mineralization?

5 hours ago, JCR said:

Jeff,   What Recovery speed range do you find works best in that level of mineralization?

3 to 6