First Gold With My Manticore!

Been getting silver almost every time out with my Manticore so far, even at the park.  But I've mostly been on the beach where I have consistently been getting Mercs.  Yesterday just a '47 Rosie, but still silver.

Today, I got my first gold with the new machine.  A very solid two way 25 that wasn't shifting.  Just 25, 25, 25 both ways.  Showing 6" deep - which is kind of shallow for good targets on this beach and that's about how deep it actually was.  I'm pretty sure I've got a nickel down there.  Nope!  14K white gold, 6.4 grams - it's tiny, barely fits over the first knuckle of my pinkie, but I'll take it.

thumbnail_IMG_0897.thumb.jpg.2bd7ce41ff26e5984e51472591702efd.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0898.thumb.jpg.9220fd59e828a57c92fb7bcf4a1daca9.jpg

And just to keep the sliver streak alive I guess, I also pulled a very tiny, ornate little silver ring.  Not stamped, but the acid turned red and pretty much all silver comes out of this salt black - the below was after some electrolysis and silver polish to take down the black to more of a gray.  It started as a much larger black encrustation that I suspected was silver due to the 80's it rang up and because it was black not green.  Until the acid turned a nice blood red I still wasn't positive though.

thumbnail_IMG_0905.thumb.jpg.a10a73ab1a8f9655467ed3e4385ae725.jpg

- Dave

Nice saves and glad you are learning you detector.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

Manticore is doing a great job. If Minelab fixes the iron false problem I'll probably get one.

6.4g's is a nice chunky ring for being that small.  Had to make you smile!