Dumb Earbud Question

Capphd

I think I know the answer to this but I am gonna ask it anyway. Is there anyway to pair wireless earbuds with a Deus 2? I know all the other ways to get the audio, so am not interested in a list of those. Just want to know if there is any way to hunt wirelessly with earbuds. Thanks.

34 minutes ago, Capphd said:

I think I know the answer to this but I am gonna ask it anyway. Is there anyway to pair wireless earbuds with a Deus 2? I know all the other ways to get the audio, so am not interested in a list of those. Just want to know if there is any way to hunt wirelessly with earbuds. Thanks.

That would be a qualified "nope". 🙁 You could possibly plug a small Aptx-LL transmitter into the WS6 or WSA II headphones and run it that way with the puck in your pocket after pairing the transmitter with the earbuds, but that's about it. I haven't tried it but it might work.

That's kinda interesting 🤔 might try it for ya.

As an alternative, if you prefer to use earbuds while detecting, you can just plug wired, quality earbuds into the WS 6 puck or WSA II puck using the accessory headphone jack adapter plate (about $15) to remain untethered to the detector while placing the puck in a pocket or pouch.

+1 on what F350 and Chase said. I use the puck with headphone plug adapter in a little pouch snapped on to the back of my hat so I can use my favorite JBL earbuds. It's light, airy, and out of the way. Works for me!

IMG_8303-2000.jpg

Hey Capphd,

Tried this solution, it works great.20230309_115228.thumb.jpg.794ce9c8d5bd7d425215f028764d621c.jpg

The transmitter, headphones, and adapters will cost you about $70. It's all Aptx-LL.

yes the aptx-ll transmitter and aptx-ll headphones/earbuds will work

but you'll be getting a tiny bit of latency from the deus2 itself. and then another 40-50ms latency from the aptx-ll. it will work but not optimal.

in the winter i use the adapter and velcro the puck onto my favorite pair of over-the-ear headphones with the 3.5mm cord connecting them.

in the summer i run the puck in my pocket and just run ear bud wire up under my shirt. 

before i got the deus2 i felt how you felt about it and really wanted to do it the way i was doing it with my nox. but after running it this way for almost a year now, theres no going back. 

Earbuds from the puck is the only way I have ever used a Deus in the last 8 years.  Did the LL Bluetooth earbuds with a EQ 800 some years back, but it is hard to find true low latency earbuds.  Had to order them straight from the manufacturer in China.

Earbuds are great in the summer and even better in the winter under a stocking cap and hood if needed.

13 hours ago, parkgt said:

Earbuds from the puck is the only way I have ever used a Deus in the last 8 years.  Did the LL Bluetooth earbuds with a EQ 800 some years back, but it is hard to find true low latency earbuds.  Had to order them straight from the manufacturer in China.

Earbuds are great in the summer and even better in the winter under a stocking cap and hood if needed.

I love the buds for summer, but I got the WSA II-XL full sized headphones for winter and they actually make pretty good earmuffs. I can wear my ballcap and the XLs under my hoodie with no problems at all.