Manticore Headphone Option Experimentation/experiences

On 9/4/2023 at 5:12 PM, KDX said:

.... I could hear people talking to me with them on which I liked.....

I think it is that same feature which annoys some people - as wind noise can be a problem.  There are simple modifications that can be made to address this problem (although it may then be less easy to have a conversation with someone!).

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/17/2023 at 11:33 AM, KDX said:

Has anyone used the Grey Ghost wireless headphones with the Manticore and care to comment?

I haven't because I'm a water hunter and reading about those, it doesn't appear you can dunk the transmitter attatched to your detector. You have to buy their wired amphibian phones in the Grey Ghost line up if you're gonna hit the water.

You don't like the stok M105 phones?

9 hours ago, KDX said:

The M105's are nice, I just found them to be a little on the sweaty side. Definitely light weight.

I bought some earbuds for that reason. Now I can wear a wide brim hat also to keep the sun off some.

Go to Ebay and search "earbuds for Minelab" if interested. I bought the long cord version. Been good for half a dozen trips so far. A guy on youtube used the white version, but they quit working on him. That's why I went with the black. (different manufacturer)

Oh....and here's the cool hat I bought:

Boonie hat