Jump to content
Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Doc said:

The one thing I can say about the SDC2300 is that I have never seen a detector that is so immune to ground mineralization.  I have places where the GPZ7000 screams like a banshee.  The SDC2300 purrs like a kitten.

Doc

exactly the reason I parted ways with the 6000 and kept the SDC......

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites


35 minutes ago, oneguy said:

exactly the reason I parted ways with the 6000 and kept the SDC......

I can understand that sentiment, the 6000 really is useless in difficult hot rocks, I can imagine the same in certain ground types.  It really is a step backwards from older models like the GPX 4500/5000 and by the looks of it SDC in difficult ground conditions.

 

  • Like 4
  • Oh my! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, phrunt said:

I can understand that sentiment, the 6000 really is useless in difficult hot rocks, I can imagine the same in certain ground types.  

 

I've said it before, here goes again.....  I did good with the 6 and it definitely will outshine the SDC overall. My ground isn't too bad for hot/cold rocks and my 6 never got the upgrade.  I could work around the little fits but it was annoying at times.  Aircraft overhead was my main bitch.  SDC just purrs right along all the time.  I also usually fall down at least once, usually more, per hunt and the last thing I worry about is if the SDC can take a "hit"....lol  Built like a tank and handles like one too....  one smooth and tuff mutha!!!!  jmo's   

30-40 days and I should be able to get out digging...!!!!!!!

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, oneguy said:

I've said it before, here goes again.....  I did good with the 6 and it definitely will outshine the SDC overall. My ground isn't too bad for hot/cold rocks and my 6 never got the upgrade.  I could work around the little fits but it was annoying at times.  Aircraft overhead was my main bitch.  SDC just purrs right along all the time.  I also usually fall down at least once, usually more, per hunt and the last thing I worry about is if the SDC can take a "hit"....lol  Built like a tank and handles like one too....  one smooth and tuff mutha!!!!  jmo's   

30-40 days and I should be able to get out digging...!!!!!

I am with you oneguy. The SDC is for sure clunky and heavy for what it is, but it is a beast and made for tough. It's my ML companion for hikes into canyons and nothting else comes close to it. My hope is that they will release a new version soon, perhaps together with the 8000... Trying to save money now for a potential dual pack ?

GC

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

My hope is that they will release a new version soon, perhaps together with the 8000... Trying to save money now for a potential dual pack ?

If they factor in the high repair costs of the 6000's out in the wild as the new expected failure rate % for the 8000 they're going to be asking $15,000 for it.  ?

 

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes sdc runs quiet and has a stable relaxing and calming thresh hum, but the 6000 will pick targets out of that quiet you never knew about.  I loved the sdc for years and was a promoter of it, but once the 6 got strapped with the 5x10 Coiltek, I parted ways with the ol sdc.  The 6000 folds down almost as small, better swing balance, and just plain more fun to use.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, WesD said:

Yes sdc runs quiet and has a stable relaxing and calming thresh hum, but the 6000 will pick targets out of that quiet you never knew about.  I loved the sdc for years and was a promoter of it, but once the 6 got strapped with the 5x10 Coiltek, I parted ways with the ol sdc.  The 6000 folds down almost as small, better swing balance, and just plain more fun to use.

Ive seen you in action wes you are definitely the king in our area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no problem using the SDC 2300 as long as I have a sturdy harness system and the terrain isn’t too challenging. But it is not a one PI detector that can do it all in the gold fields I detect in. 
 

The GPX 6000 comes a lot closer to being a one PI detector that can do it all for me where I detect. As long as I have a smaller coil like the Coiltek 10x5 and the 11” mono with me, I can trust that the GPX 6000 will hit most of the good targets from the surface to 18” deep without having to use a harness or suffer from fatigue in challenging terrain. 
 

I don’t even need to take a backup VLF with me. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The MPF timings of the SDC is well suited for shallow small gold in heavy mineralized hotrock grounds. IMO the 6k is not a replacement for the SDC and is less good in grounds where the SDC shines. The hotrock sensitivity of the 6k can be anoying at times. But the 6k is by far beating the SDC in most other circumstances. But the 6k is much less robust and sturdy. The SDC is for the rough and can take beatings without problem.

GC

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...